DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH question

Why the question is even asked is confusing to me. Be happy that the drone and software were cautious enough to come home. Switch batteries and fly with an intact drone. Clear skies to you and all.

The question was asked because the drone was only 50 feet from home and 5 foot altitude when it determined to RTH at 17% battery level.

Are you referring to RTH or auto land?

The Mavic will only auto land when the battery reaches the critical low level. That does not occur at a specific battery level and there is no way to cancel it.

Well that changes much of what has been said about the 15% and 10% auto land levels above.

Does RTH at 18% and 50 feet from home still make sense?

Is auto land (critical low level) a fixed number?

Nothing will likely make sense since DJI did not document how they determine when to auto trigger RTH.

No.
I have no doubt that you have far better knowledge about Mavic than me, but in this case I have to give you a correction.

The auto land battery level is indeed fixed in the parameter. Level 2 Go Home action is set at 15% and Level 1 Auto Land action is set at 10%. We can cancel Level 2 action but we can't cancel Level 1 Auto Land.

While the numbers are fixed, the actual battery percentage when they happened can vary a little bit, but not that far off.

Are you referring to RTH or auto land?

The Mavic will only auto land when the battery reaches the critical low level. That does not occur at a specific battery level and there is no way to cancel it.
Both, if you see my answer as a whole and not cut the first sentence.

While the numbers are fixed, the actual battery percentage when they happened can vary a little bit, but not that far off.
What is the difference between the "battery level" and "actual battery" percentages?

I have no doubt that you have far better knowledge about Mavic than me, but in this case I have to give you a correction.
Indeed. I have researched countless Mavic logs. I am very confident that the RTH and critical low battery are not triggered at a specific battery percentage.

If you need an example, check out the first post in this thread. The OP said RTH was triggered at 17%. It would have been triggered much earlier if the Mavic was much further away from the home point.

What is the difference between the "battery level" and "actual battery" percentages?
Even though in the parameter the level is set for 15%, the Go Home action can kick in slightly early (17% for example), or slightly late (14% for example). I am not sure why.

Indeed. I have researched countless Mavic logs. I am very confident that the RTH and critical low battery are not triggered at a specific battery percentage.
Indeed, and I only look at parameters as a hobby ;)

Even though in the parameter the level is set for 15%, the Go Home action can kick in slightly early (17% for example), or slightly late (14% for example). I am not sure why.
Ah, you're referring to these settings in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Critical-Low-Battery-Warning.png

Those settings are not related to the RTH and critically low battery features we are discussing. They do nothing but alert the pilot when the battery percentage reaches those levels.

Ah, you're referring to these settings in DJI GO:

View attachment 24778

Those settings are not related to the RTH and critically low battery features we are discussing. They do nothing but alert the pilot when the battery percentage reaches those levels.
No. I was referring to the parameters where the Level 2 action (Go Home/the one you can slide to cancel) is set at 15% and the critical Auto Land (the one you cannot cancel) is set at 10%. You can't access it from Go4. I know you are fully aware that I cannot disclose the specific parameters here.

So, for practical discussion about this thread (the OP's original question), probably the best answer is the app calculated the battery was already low enough to warrant RTH?

I was referring to the parameters where the Level 2 action (Go Home/the one you can slide to cancel) is set at 15% and the critical Auto Land (the one you cannot cancel) is set at 10%. You can't access it from Go4.
No such specific percentages exist. The aircraft determines when it needs to RTH or land based on its current location. This topic is covered in the following section of the Mavic manual:

Manual.jpg

Reactions: f3honda4me

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661