DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH w/ Precision Landing

Thanks for your help.

Ambient light was great, it was approximately 3:30pm. T/O area was my driveway, same place I have launched and recovered several times with accuracy of a couple inches. It took off and slowly ascended to approx 20 feet. GPS was like 12-15 sats if I remember correctly.

I didn’t turn the sensors off but I didn’t check that. Where would I find that setting? How do I go about calibration?

Thank you again.
I know you say it has worked several times but when you say driveway does that have enough contrasting patterns etc to give a strong recognisable picture ? I saw a video somewhere which said this is why those round collapsible drone launch pads are so good - they have a simple but well defined geometric shape printed on them and the colour stands out strongly against most surfaces. Might be worth a try as they are cheap and have other advantages such as minimising the amount of dust kicked up by the prop wash.

FWIW I always have precision landing switched off as I really hate the aircraft taking over for the last few feet when coming in to land manually. Also, with it switched off, take off is only to 5 feet or so which I really like as I can then be in control for the initial ascent (I must be a control freak !)

I think I used RTH once, then was like "nope, never again with that beeping."

I have never had an issue with precision landing, but I do use a take off pad which is bright orange and the MP1 lands within an inch of where it took off, on the rare occasions I let it. But like a lot of others, I only use RTH to bring the aircraft closer and then cancel it to land manually

I have a Mavic pro and after I did the last update I few it out four times. I have a landing pad and there's a spot on it. I put the mavic with the battery button over the spot and every time it came back it landed on that spot. Both my flying buddy and I were surprised that it landed back on that spot every time. Precision landing works Great for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scATC1001