DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rules on the Great Wall in China?

BigManJapan

Reactions
I'm taking a trip to Beijing to see the Wall and then Harbin for the Ice Festival at night.

Two questions:
1. anyone know what the drone flying rules are in China?

2. flying at an Ice Festival at night might be....COLD....how are the batteries affected as the temp comes down?

thanks if anyone can help.

Reactions: RogCIncy
You are good to fly outside fifth ring road in Beijing under 400 meters, inside the fifth ring road, any drones made in China like DJI or Yuneec can't be take off by the restrictions inside the IMU, to take video above the Great Wall, I believe nobody there will bothers you. I 'm not very sure about Harbin, especially for the ice festival, too many people there. And fly in 30 degree below zero is really challenge for the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I went to Harbin two weeks ago. I have flown my mavic with 0 farenheit temperature with some wind. No one cared about me flying there. It was amazing. I also saw two dji drones flying around at that time. My mavic flew normally on those temps.

I also went to great wall in Badaling. No one bothered me while flying. There are cameras but there's no police either.

Restricted flying in the center of beijing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Harbin two weeks ago. I have flown my mavic with 0 farenheit temperature with some wind. No one cared about me flying there. It was amazing. I also saw two dji drones flying around at that time. My mavic flew normally on those temps.

I also went to great wall in Badaling. No one bothered me while flying. There are cameras but there's no police either.

Awesome David, thank you.

Did you have any adjustments to make with the batteries in 0 degree weather?

Did you film at night in Harbin?

How did the GPS look on the map? Everything in China on google Earth is offset.

How did the GPS look on the map? Everything in China on google Earth is offset.

I just came back from this trip and I'll start a new thread on my experiences, but GPS worked perfectly if you had your 'Calibrate for China' switch turned on in settings.

I just came back from this trip and I'll start a new thread on my experiences, but GPS worked perfectly if you had your 'Calibrate for China' switch turned on in settings.
I was wondering if that was what it did. I used to get over to BeiJing or ShangHai 2-3 times a month and would make a list of places I wanted to see then look for them on Google Earth. Then I'd have to figure the offset to get a visual of the place.

Keep an eye on the voltage. I haven't flown my drone yet in above 40degrees F.. perks of living in NH. Flew this morning in 18F drone handled fine.

I did not keep an eye on the voltage, but in retrospect that would have been an obvious thing to watch rather than time remaining.

Hello - I will be traveling to Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taiwan in March. I am guessing by this thread that my day trip to the Great Wall (Jinshanling Great Wall Section) that I would be OK to fly the Mavic there. Should I have any concerns regarding travel through the other countries?

Thanks

You are good to fly outside fifth ring road in Beijing under 400 meters, inside the fifth ring road, any drones made in China like DJI or Yuneec can't be take off by the restrictions inside the IMU, to take video above the Great Wall, I believe nobody there will bothers you. I 'm not very sure about Harbin, especially for the ice festival, too many people there. And fly in 30 degree below zero is really challenge for the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Hi ,just want to double check ,is it outside 5th or 6th ring road?

Sent from my SM-T813 using MavicPilots mobile app

I have flown there. There were at least two other pilots that day and plenty of room to fly.

No one seemed to give drones much notice, other than smiles, in China anywhere I flew while I was there.

Reactions: RogCIncy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio