DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Running a battery flat!

dronerati

Reactions
sorry If this has been posten before, tried a search on the matter but couldn't find anything.

So, hypothetically, let's say I fly way out there and my battery runs low, failsafe RTH will kick in, but let's say it's too far out and the battery runs to zero before reaching the RTH position.

Will it descend slowly and somewhat try to land, or will the propellers just cut off and it will drop like a stone?

From what i;ve read, Your Mavic will land slowly, right where it is while announcing to you- "Critical battery- Landing"
I ran one of my batteries flat, on purpose, i had my bird hovering at about 2 meters, & let it go critical where she announced & started to land. I could fight the landing with my left stick, but finally, i let her land or she over rode me & landed safely, battery at 8%.

When the battery reaches the critically low level, the Mavic will auto land at its current location. As long as you don't interfere with the descent (e.g. hold the throttle stick in the full up position), it should make it to the ground before the battery shuts off.

Reactions: WAXMAN and LucVN
It has critical battery landing you can try it yourself, cancel rth and leave it hovering, it'll start landing, 10% I think it is

You can compensate to keep it in the air though

Such an awesome drone, I can't see how you could crash this thing with a little knowledge.
My opinion, drones like the Mavic and Phantom series are so easy to fly that new pilots get overconfident and cocky way too quickly, then make simple mistakes.

Two critical things to be conservative on: Battery level and wind speed. Pay attention if you're flying out a long distance to see whether you're doing it with a strong tailwind. Because if you are, and you're relying on the battery to tell you when it needs to come home, you may not have enough charge to reach home in a headwind.

Then it comes down to whether the drone lands where you can find it and recover it.

Easier then you think, the other day I took off forgetting to check for GPS lock, took off & went upto roof height, mavic flew backwards into a tree, lots of cracking sounds from the branches, mavic was even falling sideways at one point but it recovered to hover half a meter from the ground with no damage

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK