DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini S mode low pass

Almost got ya self a hair cut :)

Reactions: ckoerner and JD1964
Well, I'm not seeing much potential benefit from doing that. But I'm seeing some reasonably significant downside risk.

What's next? Close passes by power transformers and freight trains?

@JD1964 sorry if my post upsets you, but another silly clip doesn't begin to describe your actions, which @MS Coast tried to say in a nice way
i prefer the direct route ,you obviously do not care about doing damage to both yourself ,or your newly acquired drone ,but such behavior is totally stupid and irresponsible,and if the mods decide to censor my post then that is their prerogative,but it will not change my opinion

@JD1964 sorry if my post upsets you, but another silly clip doesn't begin to describe your actions, which @MS Coast tried to say in a nice way
i prefer the direct route ,you obviously do not care about doing damage to both yourself ,or your newly acquired drone ,but such behavior is totally stupid and irresponsible,and if the mods decide to censor my post then that is their prerogative,but it will not change my opinion
You are free to have your opinion and does not upset me.

What's next? Close passes by power transformers and freight trains?

Pure speculation on your part here. Its great that we can dream up whatever we want. We all need to remember though, what we think and what we know can be completely different things.

If the moderators think my actions in this clip are reckless to the point they should not be published, I have no hard feelings if they block the link and lock the post.

Peace

Pure speculation on your part here. Its great that we can dream up whatever we want. We all need to remember though, what we think and what we know can be completely different things.

It was not speculation. It was mild sarcasm, used in an effort to suggest to you that your "Hey! Watch this!" stunt isn't safe, smart, mature, or amusing.

The video contributes to the poor perception of drones on the part of many members of the public and lawmakers.

You raised the possibility of the forum moderators restricting publication of such videos. I agree with you that they should review this one and act as they see appropriate.

I see that you recently joined the forum.. I encourage you to look around in the archive and examine some of the discussions of good practice and safety. If you're a new drone owner, look for some of the posts that discuss things you need to be aware of as a new pilot, like the mandatory federal TRUST certificate.

Reactions: JD1964
I’ve got the TRUST Certificate. Thanks for pointing out it’s importance.

It was not speculation. It was mild sarcasm,

I think sarcasm is saying something that you don’t really mean. I took it (without offense) that you were suggesting I might do that. To me, that’s speculation, not sarcasm.

Do you all have a degree of trust in your drones? Even as a novice, I do in mine. And I have a degree of trust in myself as well.

I put my hand on one control only and pushed it forward. The flight path was on a slight down slope so the drone would not have to loose altitude while approaching me or need correct it’s minimum altitude higher. I left plenty of braking distance behind me and released the control the instant it passed over me. It was calculated and planned. I trusted my equipment and trusted myself.

Risky? Perhaps a bit. Reckless? That’s a stretch in my opinion.

Furthermore, anyone who trusts themselves, trusts their equipment and never takes risks, stand up and say I.

Last edited:
Anyway,
What frustrated me in this whole thing, is the time I wasted selecting this clip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123