DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

S7 Edge and DJI GO 4

I just wanted to say that I finally got my Mavic yesterday :D and I flew it today. I also use the Galaxy S7 Edge and I had no issues with it (today). I did turn off the wifi mode on my S7 Edge because I got the warning about interference on 2.4G.
Sheesh. So the question is why GO 4 doesn't work for me. No video feed. Any suggestions?

Sheesh. So the question is why GO 4 doesn't work for me. No video feed. Any suggestions?

I wish I had an answer for you... but I'm still fairly new at this. Maybe Msinger or one of the more knowledgeable members can help!

I wish I had an answer for you... but I'm still fairly new at this. Maybe Msinger or one of the more knowledgeable members can help!

Well, I definitely wouldn't put myself in that category, but Andrew, are you definitely putting the S7 into airplane mode/turning off wifi BEFORE trying to connect to Go4?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well, I definitely wouldn't put myself in that category, but Andrew, are you definitely putting the S7 into airplane mode/turning off wifi BEFORE trying to connect to Go4?
I didn't do that because I needed to download maps for the first time. But I subsequently did that and no joy. I did the update from GO 3 rather than 4. It's possible they have two firmware updates depending on App. I just hate to mess with success with the 3.0 App

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that the Mavic NEEDS the Go4 app to work. That's the app I used and it worked great for me, but I have seen numerous posts where others did not get it to work.

OK. I gave it a shot. The Samsung S7 Edge is NOT compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. Doesn't connect, complains about the WiFi, and then spontaneously shuts down.
I tried again and all heck breaks loose with the 4 app. I give up. 3 works great for me. I was having drift (like from controller calibration issues) - wouldn't allow calibration then no controller connection at all. I'll wait for future releases. I ran in airplane mode. S7 Edge may not like both apps installed.

I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that the Mavic NEEDS the Go4 app to work. That's the app I used and it worked great for me, but I have seen numerous posts where others did not get it to work.
No. I've been using 3 from day one.

I feel your pain Andrew as I was right where you were with Go4 about a Week ago, having previously flown ~115 rock solid flights with Go3 never faltering on my s7Edge. Go4 was crashing on me, greying out and losing connection mid flight. All the while Go3 was sweet. So I gave up on Go4 in disgust too and fully uninstalled it, until the new firmware came along. The I re installed it, updated the firmware and all has been tickety boo with it since.

So only real difference I see is I did a clean install of it with the new firmware. Might be worth a try for you too seeing it is currently unusable for you.

Uninstall it like you do any other Android app. But then take the extra step to remove all its files which will remain and will probably bork it up again when you re install. Either do this with the built in S7 file manager or by connecting to a PC.

My Files > Device Storage > Dji, then More > Edit, check the box beside dji.go.v4 and press delete.
Do same for the second dji.go.v4 folder in the root.
My Files > Device Storage then More > Edit, check the box beside dji.go.v4 and press delete.

Of course dont delete the Dji folder just the dji.go.v4 folder as it also contains your Go3 config.

Having done this, re install go 4 from the play store and finger crossed.....

Reactions: Andrew F
I feel your pain Andrew as I was right where you were with Go4 about a Week ago, having previously flown ~115 rock solid flights with Go3 never faltering on my s7Edge. Go4 was crashing on me, greying out and losing connection mid flight. All the while Go3 was sweet. So I gave up on Go4 in disgust too and fully uninstalled it, until the new firmware came along. The I re installed it, updated the firmware and all has been tickety boo with it since.

So only real difference I see is I did a clean install of it with the new firmware. Might be worth a try for you too seeing it is currently unusable for you.

Uninstall it like you do any other Android app. But then take the extra step to remove all its files which will remain and will probably bork it up again when you re install. Either do this with the built in S7 file manager or by connecting to a PC.

My Files > Device Storage > Dji, then More > Edit, check the box beside dji.go.v4 and press delete.
My Files > Device Storage then More > Edit, check the box beside dji.go.v4 and press delete.

Of course dont delete the Dji folder just the dji.go.v4 folder as it also contains your Go3 config.

I'll give it a try AFTER my Hawaii trip - haha. I hope to have a killer video to share next week. I obviously don't NEED 4 but I can clearly see advantages that I'd like to enjoy. Thanks for the input. This is a great group of enthusiasts!

DJI GO 4 works fine for me on my Samsung S7 Edge, provided I uninstall DJI GO 3. The problem being I use an OSMO Mobile which is not supported in DJI GO 4 so I have to stick with DJI GO 3 for the time being. If I try to keep both installed neither will connect to the controller.

Good to see DJI are offering flexibility to their customers ;-)

Reactions: Andrew F
DJI GO 4 works fine for me on my Samsung S7 Edge, provided I uninstall DJI GO 3. The problem being I use an OSMO Mobile which is not supported in DJI GO 4 so I have to stick with DJI GO 3 for the time being. If I try to keep both installed neither will connect to the controller.

Good to see DJI are offering flexibility to their customers ;-)
I've flown in my house with WiFi on on my s7 edge. I was using the go 4 but I still have the go 3 installed. No problems at all from the app.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

I find that the notification message sometimes goes away, and when it's displayed, it doesn't stay on the screen very long. If you're not watching it, it could be missed. I'd recommend checking the logs just to be safe and confirm there are no conflicts.

I've flown in my house with WiFi on on my s7 edge. I was using the go 4 but I still have the go 3 installed. No problems at all from the app.

The issue involves the USB port, wifi would work fine although I have never bothered flying the Mavic with wifi.

The issue involves the USB port, wifi would work fine although I have never bothered flying the Mavic with wifi.
I mean my phone was connected to my houses WiFi. If the issue is the USB then that explains it, I was using the micro USB port but I was planning on trying fpv with the USB. We'll see what happens!!

I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Used Go 3 until Go 4 came out and now only using Go 4. No problems whatsoever. I'm using the original side cable and I sometimes have my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi left on (forget to turn off sometimes) and also a bunch of apps running in the background. I haven't had any problems and everything runs smooth. I do get a blinking HD signal once in a while, but only when I'm out 2000+ metres and I do live in the city.

If the issue occurs on your handset DJI GO will not detect the Mavic and you'll be unable to connect. On a separate thread it's been determined the issue only affects some handsets although handsets with identical software versions can be fine, whereas others not.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost