DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Salmon River Falls-Hidden Treasure

baddog

Reactions
Site
www.drone-scapes.com
I shot these water falls last year but it was early to mid September and the lighting was horrible. Half the gorge was in direct sunlight the other have in shadow and the falls just the same. So I did a little astronomy math and determined the best time to shoot the falls and that was early to mid June. It paid of to wait.

The same falls in winnter

Last edited:
Great Job on the Video. I really like the frozen falls. Where are the falls located?

Really like the pivot-reverse shot at :40. Mind sharing your stick technique on that maneuver?

Really like the pivot-reverse shot at :40. Mind sharing your stick technique on that maneuver?

Well... now you're calling me out on my cheating for this shot...LOL

I used the DJI Intelligent Flight Mode, Course Lock. With Course Lock direction set and initiated, you push you throttle forward or backwards then simply yaw left or right. The drone is locked on the original course direction so it stays flying along that line and does not waiver left or right. At the same time I was panning down the gimbal to keep the falls in the shot.

I have since then, found that on Active Track flight mode using the Spot Light setting you can get more of a buttery smooth rotation.

I have also tweaked my stick setting in the DJI Go 4 app.

Exp:
Throttle up: .25
Rudder right: .10
Forward/Right .15

Sensitivity
Attitude: 100
Brake: 130
Yaw endpoint: 50

Gimbal pitch speed: 11
Gimbal pan smooth: 20
Gimbal tilt 30°: on
Gimbal Yaw follow: off

Reactions: SmileyGC
Thanks for the detailed explanation and kudos for figuring that out and executing it with the added gimbal tilt. I’ve done some similar tweeks in the settings similar to yours but have just started to explore the intelligent flight modes. You nailed it on this one - going to try the tap fly options on my MA this weekend!

Very nice the wife and I always shoot there haven't gone in the winter but definitely will this yr....

Wow, that is a nice frozen Video....

it looked cold, did you use a phone? When in Sweden over the NY, my iPhone 7+ would shutdown with the cold... -18 though....

Wow, that is a nice frozen Video....

it looked cold, did you use a phone? When in Sweden over the NY, my iPhone 7+ would shutdown with the cold... -18 though....
Sorry for delayed response. It was 6°F, so it was very cold. I only flew for about 10 minutes. My fingers were freezing...

I use an ASUS Zenpad 8" tablet with a MavMount and a tablet hood. Have not had any issues so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127