DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge; System UI error message

I've tried the standard TouchWiz launcher, Nova and Google Now with the same results as I had thought that might have played a part.

Will check google for articles relating to the cache.

As far as I can see clearing the cache is a recommendation to resolve "System UI quit unexpectedly errors" but I thought I would try it any way. Made no difference though and tried with Google Now, Nova and Touch Whiz.

It's a problem with the phone really. This "System UI" is supposed to be the standard android popup that asks you which app you want to launch for the peripheral that was connected, and it just seems that on some s7 software versions it's broken.
Given AFAIK it works fine on the stock Samsung international version which mine is I'd hazard a guess that those who have issues are using carrier-customized ROMs, said carriers have botched stock android functionality when inserting their awful bloatware and the responsibility's on them... make sure you're up to date in case they fixed it (or not in case they broke it recently...)

View attachment 3414
Mine is a stock version bought direct from Samsung when it was released. The baseband version is G390FXXU1BPJJ. I am still getting the problem so I have had a refund from Litchi. I wish the problem could be solved as I would really like to have the Litchi app.

I'm hoping the nougat update may help, or it completely breaks it ;-)

I have solved the problem on my phone.

On one of the recent android major update I agreed to have a new UI which was recommended by the upgrade process. I have been using it since but it doesn't seem to offer much of an improvement.

To remove it I pulled down from the top of the home screen and selected the icon that looks a bit like a head. This offer the option to remove the software and return to the default Ui. When I did so an app called 'system ui' was removed and now I get offered the correct option when I connect the rc controller to my phone. Now I have the choice to run either dji go or Litchi.

Thanks to all of you who offered ideas for the solution, they were helpful in getting a resolution.

Reactions: Kilrah
Well done. Sounds promising. Hopefully others effected can replicate your fix.

I think that's Good Lock, does that sound familiar?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD