DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Tab 4 extreme lag

skycrawler

Reactions
I got a free Samsung Tab4 when I got my S6 Active 2 years ago. There is next to zero lag when I use the phone but the tablet is unusable, like 10 seconds lag time. I closed everything but DJI Go and it made no difference. Am I missing something or is this tablet just not up to the task?

I got a free Samsung Tab4 when I got my S6 Active 2 years ago. There is next to zero lag when I use the phone but the tablet is unusable, like 10 seconds lag time. I closed everything but DJI Go and it made no difference. Am I missing something or is this tablet just not up to the task?
I do not think the tablet is up to the task, you could try enabling developer mode and usb debugging, buy my tab is not powerful enough.
Regards,
-d.

Says it has1.2GHz quad-core Marvell PXA1088 processor and 1.5 GB of RAM, 16GB storage

No reason you should be lagging. Did you remember to shut down all the other apps that might be running? Also, check your storage space, make sure it isnt maxed out. I used my wifes tab 4 before I got mine and it ran just fine.

I think it's in your software. If you dont have anything else important on it, you might try factory reset, and then reload DJI Go 4 and see what happens.

I shut down everything, plenty of space left. I don't use this thing hardly at all so there is nothing on it so a reset won't mean losing anything. I'll give that a try.

Another couple of things that may help, from the DJI forum in summer 2015, probably talking about a P3. The android part is still mostly valid, just substitute "DJI Go 4" for "DJI Pilot":

1: Reset you tablet to factory default, after is is updated with lastest Lolipop Firmware.
2: Install Zapper Task Killer
3: Select all selectable processes using Zapper, and Kill All.
4: Install DJI Pilot From Dji Download section on the website(Make sure you allow installation of softwares from unknown sources).
5: Go in Apps option and manually select all apps, and disable notifications for every single app you can do so.
6: Go in App Store and disable automatic updating of all apps, by clicking the 3 dots on the top corner.
7: Go in developer options of your tablet and set "Logger buffer sizes" to 256K(Not sure if it's important but seams to have helped for me).
8: Reopen Zapper again and Kill all processes again
9: Kill all processes again using Zapper(Yes why not twice
tongue.gif
!)
10: Open Dji Pilot and login to your account
11: Plug your remote, and then turn it on
12: Turn on you Phantom 3
14: Enjoy Lag Free flights...
I was having constant Lags every 3 seconds, on my Nexus 7 2013, did this in this order, and now i'm lag free, tested full 20 min flight. Also i advise you set ALL animation options in the Developer options to OFF ! To increase performance even better...

Did all that vilco said and now the qr reader won't focus so I can connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to take a picture of the qr symbol with my phone zoomed in to make it larger to get it to scan. Now the question is, why is trace mode the only available option in active track?

Still lags to the point of unusable after reset and task killing everything but DJI Go. Works fine on my phone though.

Still lags to the point of unusable after reset and task killing everything but DJI Go. Works fine on my phone though.
Sorry skycrawler, I am in a similar position, I have a great, large and bright Samsung tab but it just crawls with GO4. bummer.
Regards,
-d.

I'm also having a lag problem. I am flying in the desert where there is very poor cell phone coverage. The tab A does fine for about 10 minutes then the lag starts and finally the image just breaks up with odd colors and pixilates. I have many questions: My tablet requires a longer cable which works with the phone just fine; could this be an issue? Does the tablet overheat to a minor degree that affects function--so how are all of you handling your tablet that might keep it cool or heat up? What about the GPS setting on the tablet-- since the signal I get is ok for a while is the tablet eventually finding more satellite signals that are disruptive? What about all the HD settings with transmission rate and gain--any differences there?
jfh

My tablet requires a longer cable which works with the phone just fine; could this be an issue?
No.

Does the tablet overheat to a minor degree that affects function
This is likely the cause of your issue since all is well for the first ~10 minutes.

What about the GPS setting on the tablet-- since the signal I get is ok for a while is the tablet eventually finding more satellite signals that are disruptive?
The available satellites (or lack of satellites) will not cause the problem you described above.

msinger you are are right about the heat issue. Flew this morning in cooler weather. Opened the back of the board I use for holding the controller and the tablet.No break up/lag with the first battery but after the 5 min with the second battery had some lag for a while but it cleared (did a morning breeze about then help?) So I think you are right about the heating issue although the tablet is barely warm it seems to effect performance. Have rigged a way to add a cool pack to my board to keep the tablet cool. Have to wait until the storm moving in clears and the weather warms up to try it out.
jfh

Reactions: radman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky