DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

San Francisco Twilight panorama in the Smoky haze.

You’re just showing us all up now Steve! You have taken some of the best drone photos I’ve seen.

And to think how bad the camera is on the 2P as well! ;)

Thanks for the kind words Danny! I am loving the MP 2 Pro, bad camera and all....

Thanks for the kind words Danny! I am loving the MP 2 Pro, bad camera and all....

:D

I am hoping the weather holds to fly later today. The light will be lousy anyway but I try and grab any opportunity to fly and just practice the controls, framing, play around with different settings etc.

:D

I am hoping the weather holds to fly later today. The light will be lousy anyway but I try and grab any opportunity to fly and just practice the controls, framing, play around with different settings etc.

Practice is always good. experimenting with different settings, flight modes, etc is also helpful. You never know what you’ll learn that will be helpful when lighting conditions are optimal.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Practice is always good. experimenting with different settings, flight modes, etc is also helpful. You never know what you’ll learn that will be helpful when lighting conditions are optimal.

Aye - put a couple of batteries through the M2P tonight and learned that whilst the drone will fly during AEB it’s best to keep it stationary otherwise some of the frames end up blurry

I also discovered that if you forget your SD card, doing a hyperlapse is difficult as you quickly run out of storage :).

Aye - put a couple of batteries through the M2P tonight and learned that whilst the drone will fly during AEB it’s best to keep it stationary otherwise some of the frames end up blurry

I also discovered that if you forget your SD card, doing a hyperlapse is difficult as you quickly run out of storage :).

Some of the things I’ve learned by trial and error:

for long exposure photography, always take several shots because some will be soft and a few will be sharp. The multiple shot option is helpful for this.

hyperlapse waypoints is great but don’t use more than two otherwise you may get weird movement when viewed as a time lapse. Also run them in reverse with the drone coming towards you to optimize battery and length of hyperlapse.

Cityscape Sunsets look best 20-40 minutes after the sun has set because of balanced lighting where the city lights are similar in brightness to the post sunset afterglow.

I don’t bother with AEB anymore as I’ve learned the right exposures, again due to lots of trial and error.

Panoramas are much better shot manually as opposed to using the DJI pano functions. Way less distortion and detail IMHO.

If shooting hyperlapses in cold weather, wrap the batteries in something that will keep them warm, otherwise you may have much shorter flight times.

When composing photos, move around a lot, change altitude, try different angles, and shoot shoot and shoot some more. I always learn new perspectives as a result of a lot of experimenting.

Try to shoot photos at ISO 100 for the best results. Sometime you just have to go higher but you might be surprised how low you can go as this drone is crazy stable.

Lastly, shoot at apertures between 2.8 and 5.0. The camera is not sharp much above 5.6. I like 4.0 best myself. I use filters to keep me in the Aperture sweet spots and to shoot long exposures during the day.

And of course YMMV.....

Thanks for the info Steve, will definitely put it to practiceThumbswayup

YMMV?

Thanks for the info Steve, will definitely put it to practiceThumbswayup

YMMV?

Your mileage may vary :)

@SteveCA - great tips, thank you. The main reason for shooting AEB is because it is pitch black by the time I am up in the air. I have given myself a little project though so will have plenty of time to experiment and see what works and what doesn’t.

Will definitely try shooting just after sunset though when we have a decent clear evening :£

Amazing that it is that sharp with a one second exposure.

I agree. This drone defies logic in that respect. This was shot on a day where the winds were under 5 MPH. What’s more amazing is that I’ve gotten sharp 4 second shots in 10-15 MPH winds like this shot:

IMG_9193.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat