DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Santorini

Matt5645

Reactions
Hello!I'm posting this thread because im curious about flying my MavicPro in Santorini?Are there any rules to be aware of?I will be there from 23rd May to 27th!I'd really love to take some epuc shots!

There are some good resources available through the Google to find related information to flying in Santorini, Greece.

An article from JCB Visuals: Flying Your Drone In Santorini | JCB VIsuals
Some Regulations: http://www.ypa.gr/userfiles/fa3cb89c-ac1a-4d4b-99ab-a34f011804e1/HCAA-UAS-Regulation-Final.pdf
Spark Pilots: Can I fly in Greece?
Mavic Pilots: Greece drone laws
Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority: https://dagr.hcaa.gr/

From what I gleaned, generally, drone use is accepted and nobody really minds it so long as you are flying safely and sensibly. They do have laws and regulations in place, but they generally aren't enforced. Overall, it looks like the 'good guy' thing to do is follow their laws and comply with their regulations or just not be an idiot.

Have a great vacation!

There are some good resources available through the Google to find related information to flying in Santorini, Greece.

An article from JCB Visuals: Flying Your Drone In Santorini | JCB VIsuals
Some Regulations: http://www.ypa.gr/userfiles/fa3cb89c-ac1a-4d4b-99ab-a34f011804e1/HCAA-UAS-Regulation-Final.pdf
Spark Pilots: Can I fly in Greece?
Mavic Pilots: Greece drone laws
Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority: https://dagr.hcaa.gr/

From what I gleaned, generally, drone use is accepted and nobody really minds it so long as you are flying safely and sensibly. They do have laws and regulations in place, but they generally aren't enforced. Overall, it looks like the 'good guy' thing to do is follow their laws and comply with their regulations or just not be an idiot.

Have a great vacation!
Thanks friend!Good to hear some information

I flew my MP in Santorini once or twice a day for the four days I was there. No issues. Great footage. Just the usual: stay away from flight paths, heliports (active ones for tourists) and don’t be like the guy who hovered outside a restaurant for 7min one night at sunset!

Reactions: Calculus4
Hello!I'm posting this thread because im curious about flying my MavicPro in Santorini?Are there any rules to be aware of?I will be there from 23rd May to 27th!I'd really love to take some epuc shots!
Hi - I just got back from Santorini and I took my Mavic2pro. There are a couple of things you need to know before deciding to take your drone.
1. It is illegal to fly a drone in Greece without a license registration. You can apply on line (just google for the link) it can also take 2 weeks.
2. Pretty much all of Santorini is a no fly zone due to the near proximity of both the airport and a helicopter landing.
Failure to comply to these can carry a hefty fine of up to 250,000 euros!
Ok.... now you know the regulations and the risks if you are still interested then this is what I did.
I flew my Mavic2 everyday.. for 3 days at least 40mins/day. I got some amazing video shots. I saw 2 other drones the 3 days I was there. I saw no authorities around. Some residents had ‘no drone’ signs but they are not official. I always flew out from the cliffs.. and away from people. I never flew over houses/rooms out of respect and privacy. I flew around 1hr after sunrise. The hotel staff and locals were ok and didn’t say anything.
It’s important that you are discrete, fly with respect (don’t ruin it for others), and launch off the cliff away from both people and further away from the airport.
Enjoy your Mavic in Santorini and fly safely.

Attachments

• 7DB4CC52-3C71-45D2-B756-A097347C751E.jpeg
    7DB4CC52-3C71-45D2-B756-A097347C751E.jpeg
    8.9 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter