DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Scenic British Columbia, Canada

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

No matter which way you drive in British Columbia, chances are you will be rewarded with some of the most amazing scenic driving, even more so if your adventures take you backcountry. This is a short family movie made over the "Family Day" long weekend in British Columbia. It was a rainy long weekend and the hunger to create kicked in. It was also inspired by the "Colm" character in the movie "The Banshees of Inisherin", we should create to leave something behind, as nobody will remember us :) This tune used by talented musician Mariusz Duda was a big part of our adventures last year and it was stuck in my head for quite some time, in a good way though. Naturally, it had to had to be used in this short film.

No matter which way you drive in British Columbia, chances are you will be rewarded with some of the most amazing scenic driving, even more so if your adventures take you backcountry. This is a short family movie made over the "Family Day" long weekend in British Columbia. It was a rainy long weekend and the hunger to create kicked in. It was also inspired by the "Colm" character in the movie "The Banshees of Inisherin", we should create to leave something behind, as nobody will remember us :) This tune used by talented musician Mariusz Duda was a big part of our adventures last year and it was stuck in my head for quite some time, in a good way though. Naturally, it had to had to be used in this short film.
I enjoyed your film tremendously! The small details gave it a very human touch (e.g.: your family enjoying hiking, pancakes, cutting and chopping wood, etc.). The drone clips were all beautiful too. The opening and closing with the recording was a professional touch.

I am planning a trip with my wife to Alberta and B.C. in August. I am finding difficulties in even deciding whether or not to take my M3 or Mini 2 because of the very strict Canadian rules. There seems to be nowhere to fly there legally. I am planning to driving from Calgary all the way to Jasper, Yoho, and of course, Louise and Banff. Staying in Canmore, Lake Moraine Lodge and Emerald Lake Lodge. Any tips or suggestions?

Dale
Miami

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
I enjoyed your film tremendously! The small details gave it a very human touch (e.g.: your family enjoying hiking, pancakes, cutting and chopping wood, etc.). The drone clips were all beautiful too. The opening and closing with the recording was a professional touch.

I am planning a trip with my wife to Alberta and B.C. in August. I am finding difficulties in even deciding whether or not to take my M3 or Mini 2 because of the very strict Canadian rules. There seems to be nowhere to fly there legally. I am planning to driving from Calgary all the way to Jasper, Yoho, and of course, Louise and Banff. Staying in Canmore, Lake Moraine Lodge and Emerald Lake Lodge. Any tips or suggestions?

Dale
Miami
Hi Dale,
Thank you for the kind words, glad you made it through it all. Regarding your upcoming trip, that will be a tough one to crack. The locations you mentioned are all no go for droning, you are correct, they are stunning none the less. My favorite time in The Rockies is late summer/early fall, fewer people and mosquitos and more dramatic weather/fall colors. As for droning, I have never done any in the Rockies or anywhere near, mostly in western Canada, or should I say Coastal West. There is a lot explore here, National and Provincial Parks are closed for drones but I always find just as beautiful locations that are good to go, they may be more difficult to get to though. As for The Rockies I'm not going to be much of a help, I'd probably look at the Rockies National Park boundaries map and go from there, if you are up for some off-road you should be able to find plenty terain to fly, my best bet would be along the Highway 95 (BC), Cranbrook, Invermere, Golden, both sides of the road offer some gorgeous locations, but as I said, off-roading most likely required. I'll ask around, will get back to you if come up with some useful information. I don't know if you've been to Canadian Rockies, but you are in for some treat, I'm sure you will enjoy your trip. As for my favorite spot in the Rockies, that would be a hard one to choose, but Opabin plateau over Lake O'Hara (Yoho National Park) in the fall, with larches burning yellow is a mind boggling sight. Mount Assiniboine would be another one, but the list is an endless one there. Hope this helps in any way.

Reactions: OdysseyShane
Awesome video

Well done! Makes me want to go back out to the west coast on another camping trip.

Chris

Dale
Miami
Leave your M3 at home as there is no place as a foreigner you will be able to fly it legally. Take the mini and follow the rules (don’t fly in National or Provincial Parks) and you should be ok.

Chris

Well done! Makes me want to go back out to the west coast on another camping trip.

Chris
Thank you, it is great that we have cameras so that we can work on the footage while waiting for the new camping adventures to begin :).

Great video! I didn’t see any maple syrup with the pancakes? 🤣
Haha, 1:51 top right corner, glass bottle with a maple leaf on it, got ya :)).

Reactions: 4006448
That is very well done! It's something you'd see on travel video!

That is very well done! It's something you'd see on travel video!
Thank you, is that a name of a show I'm not familiar with or you mean just a travel video in general ?

Reactions: Prop Wash
Was that your campsite/campfire I saw in the final seconds of your video? A truly awesome video.
Thank you, not sure what part you are referring to, the one by the water ? Nonetheless all this footage is from our trips.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13