DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Error, but card works on Mac and PC...

flimps

Reactions
Hi ,
I have a Lexar 633x Micro SD HC I card that came with my Mavic pro and works. However I bought an additional one which does not work. is a CanDisk Extreme Micro SD XC I V30.
The only thing a notice is one is HC I (works) and the other is an XC I (which does not work).
Have tried the XC I on my Mac and works, so is not faulty.
I have formated through the DJI Go app. Once formated, i cannot record and an SD CARD ERR message appears.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Hi ,
I have a Lexar 633x Micro SD HC I card that came with my Mavic pro and works. However I bought an additional one which does not work. is a CanDisk Extreme Micro SD XC I V30.
The only thing a notice is one is HC I (works) and the other is an XC I (which does not work).
I have formated through the DJI Go app. Once formated, i cannot record and an SD CARD ERR message appears.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Do you mean Sandisk rath than Candisk?
Is your card larger than 64Gb?

Just cause a card works in your Mac or Pc doesn't mean it will work in the Mavic. A Pc will adjust read write speed to suit card but a 4K camera is constantly streaming data, it can't wait for a slow card, the card needs to keep up

The problem is Sandisk micro cards. I've told my story over and over, but here's the short of it. I buy A LOT of cards(200+ in the last 24 months), mostly for work, but some for myself.
I primarily have problems with sandisk SDXC(i.e. Micro) cards. I buy only cards rated or faster for a specific device, when I buy Sandisk, out of a group of identical cards, one will refuse to work in the device at rate. It'll work fine in computer, but not in the device. Also, as far as early failure, I've found it to be Sandisk. I have returned 10 cards for warranty repair, 9 of them were Sandisk micro.
I have had no issue at all with the Sandisk SD size.

At this point, I refuse to buy Sandisk Micros. Lexar, Samsung, PNY and most of the top tier cards work without issue. All were purchased at Newegg or legitimate vendors. I don't buy flash media on Ebay, most of it is fake.

Reactions: mig25 and Doecliff
What I have is exactly the same but 32gb. Works just fine on Pc, Mac and Sony A7Rm2 camera (with the SD adapter) but will not work with the Mavic. I have not had the chance to try any other but this and the Lexar 16gb that came along with the Mavic. Planning to buy a new 32gb lexar in a couple of days. I hope that works.

Yes, sorry, Sandisk. Size is 64GB

I guess only DJI may know this but the SDXC uses a different fat32 file system. Perhaps the Mavic can't work with that file system.

I have same issues with Sandisk in Mavic. Works ok in everything else.
It's not a fault per se but just how it is.
Go for a different brand problem solved.

Problem solved. Sandisk Extreme Micro SD XC I V30 does not in the Mavic. Bought a SAMSUNG SD card of 64GB and works.

Reactions: Malavic
Hi ,
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Hi ,
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Hi ,
Any thoughts?
Thank you

I was getting a SD memory error on my 64 gig sandisk card and this link:
Said to try formatting you SD with your camera... I was desperate so I tried it...It turns out that my Canon PowerShot did the trick. Crazy! I had tried formatting with my windows 10 and nothing. Good luck everyone.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParHunter