DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card full

When the members wrote "Format Your MicroSD Card," they mean in your drone using the DJI App, not in your PC, tablet, or smartphone.
And not "delete" but actually format. If a Mac is involved, deleted files don't actually go away until the trash bin is empty. In the meantime they sit in a hidden folder called ".Trash" on the card containing all the "deleted" files allowing for undo delete until the bin is emptied.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I still have boxes of 4x5 sheet film...
I just gave away my whole Hasselblad kit to my step son with 4 bodies, 6 lenses, 6 backs, polaroid back case and a whole bunch of other accessories. He's actually shooting with it, still with film. I'm about to ship him my Gossen Luna Pro F.

When the members wrote "Format Your MicroSD Card," they mean in your drone using the DJI App, not in your PC, tablet, or smartphone.
It's fine to format the SD card wherever you like.
For drones that use DJI Fly, you have to format in your computer if you want your file numbering to continue where you left off on the previous flight.
If you format in the drone, the file numbers start at 001 each time you change the card.

• Wow
It's fine to format the SD card wherever you like.
For drones that use DJI Fly, you have to format in your computer if you want your file numbering to continue where you left off on the previous flight.
If you format in the drone, the file numbers start at 001 each time you change the card.
Good advice about reformatting in the computer. Does the continuing number system apply if you do a low level format?

It is almost always better to reformat cards when they start to get full rather than erase files. In the initial days of digital most of us always reformatted and NEVER erased. Erasure is where wriiting errors and corruption would occur so we'd use a card, download it and reformat it. Also, in the newness of digital a lot of us backed up our cards in the field to make sure that the data was both stable and duplicated before we left a job site. Thankfully SD cards have been much more reliable in recent years, but the old practices can often be worth following.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming