DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD card full

Back in the day before digital became more sophisticated it was recommended never to delete files, instead formating the cards when full (after downloading). While file corruption from file deletion is rare today, reformatting is the best practice.

Back in the day before digital became more sophisticated it was recommended never to delete files, instead formating the cards when full (after downloading). While file corruption from file deletion is rare today, reformatting is the best practice.
LOL How I miss those wonderful days.

• Haha
Reactions: LoudThunder
I have the Maverick air 2 and ran across the same problem with the lychee app the memory card says it's full after reformatting and reinstalling different SD cards it always says it's still full. I can't record a darn thing even with the internal memory unless I get this resolved with the SD card

• Wow
I have the Maverick air 2 and ran across the same problem with the lychee app the memory card says it's full after reformatting and reinstalling different SD cards it always says it's still full. I can't record a darn thing even with the internal memory unless I get this resolved with the SD card
While I've never had that problem, I've recently had an issue with my Mavic 2 Pro's card where the MP.4 and the SRT dates didn't jibe. The SRT's were correct but the MP.4's the main files had odd creation dates.

Sometimes cards get corrupted. Back in the day, when digital photography was a brand new thing the standard procedure was NEVER delete files, but back up the cards immediately and FORMAT the cards after use. However, with a standard formatting there is still data underneath. And IMO when a card shows a sign of corruption (which may be visible to one device or another) the smart thing to do is a LOW LEVEL format, best in a computer, where the formatting program overwrites whatever was on the card before, helping to insure there aren't any gremlins that can cause further problems. If you do that and you still have issues, try a different brand card, low level format first. If you still get the error message- it's the bird.

Depends on your system. Easiest and best to just format in the camera since deleting on the computer tends to leave behind extra files. On OSX, when you delete something on a volume, it moves the file to a hidden folder named .Trash , so the drive isn't empty until you empty the trash can icon on the bottom then it clears out the hidden folder.

Back in the day, reformatting was done by winding the film back in....
Not with 120/220 film :). I haven't shot a roll of 35mm since 1984. Haven't shot any film since the beginning of 2002 :oops: !

Most of my film shooting days (35mm, 120/220, and 4x5 sheet film) was between 2006~2015. :p
You were late to the party 🎉. I still have all my 35 mm equipment and four Hasselblad systems and a 4 x 5 U camera that hasn’t seen action in 20 years. I actually started doing digital in 1996 on a Quantel paint box. This early system installations on the wall with a giant tape reels for the digital tape to capture the image data. Then came Photoshop v2 just a few years later and the rest is history.

You were late to the party 🎉. I still have all my 35 mm equipment and four Hasselblad systems and a 4 x 5 U camera that hasn’t seen action in 20 years. I actually started doing digital in 1996 on a Quantel paint box. This early system installations on the wall with a giant tape reels for the digital tape to capture the image data. Then came Photoshop v2 just a few years later and the rest is history.
I worked in a camera shop that had mostly vintage film cameras. I don't have much of my gear left as I had to sell it shortly after a divorce but I had bodies like the Hassselblad 500CM, Linhof 5x7, Olympus Pen-FT, Rollei 28f, Mamiya C3 and RB67, Canon P, Crown Graphic 4x5, etc.

Still have a surplus of film which I would prefer to shoot along side digital, just don't have the darkroom space anymore. Though I usually used a drum for the E6 stuff and didn't need much of a darkroom other than a sealed closet.

I worked in a camera shop that had mostly vintage film cameras. I don't have much of my gear left as I had to sell it shortly after a divorce but I had bodies like the Hassselblad 500CM, Linhof 5x7, Olympus Pen-FT, Rollei 28f, Mamiya C3 and RB67, Canon P, Crown Graphic 4x5, etc.

Still have a surplus of film which I would prefer to shoot along side digital, just don't have the darkroom space anymore. Though I usually used a drum for the E6 stuff and didn't need much of a darkroom other than a sealed closet.
I have lots of film gear for sale if anyone is interested. 35mm (Nikon- Motorized F3HP, Nikkormat FTN and lenses), Hasselblad and a Calumet view camera with a few lenses, and accessories.

I deleted all the files on my mini 2 sd card and the screen still tells me the card is full. What could be wrong,
When the members wrote "Format Your MicroSD Card," they mean in your drone using the DJI App, not in your PC, tablet, or smartphone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15