DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sending a Mavic to DJI and getting a different Mavic back

zzxrox

Reactions
Okay so lets say your Mavic breaks or something and you send it in to get refreshed. I hear they send you a refreshed one back, not the one you bought. My question is, what if you have a custom skin on your bird? Will they keep it or change it out and put it on the one they send you back? I don't have a skin on mine and I wont send mine back to DJI as I prefer to have what I actually purchased but it was just an interesting question.

Well I didn't have a skin on mine but I did get a different drone back then the one I sent. I asked them why and they said in the interest of time, they sent a refurb back so I wouldn't have to wait weeks to get mine fixed. So I guess you can get your own drone back if your willing to wait fore them to get around to fixing yours. That would be my guess

Reactions: Madmax229
Okay so lets say your Mavic breaks or something and you send it in to get refreshed. I hear they send you a refreshed one back, not the one you bought. My question is, what if you have a custom skin on your bird? Will they keep it or change it out and put it on the one they send you back? I don't have a skin on mine and I wont send mine back to DJI as I prefer to have what I actually purchased but it was just an interesting question.
Even if it goes back under warranty for a malfunction or something like a failed gimble hanger/motor, etc.
As regards the skin. Of course DJI doesn’t warranty that and many types of repair would ruin a skin or replace a skinned part.

I sent my Mavic Pro to Rob at @Thunderdrones and it had a US Army Aircorps skin on it. He gave it back to me without damaging the skin at all. He replaced a rear arm and a gimbal part.

Reactions: Torcan
I had a camo skin on my Mavic Air when the compass failed, it was replaced under warranty and did not get the skin till I replaced it myself

I sent my Mavic Pro to Rob at @Thunderdrones and it had a US Army Aircorps skin on it. He gave it back to me without damaging the skin at all. He replaced a rear arm and a gimbal part.
I have no doubt Thunderdrones will send you back the aircraft same you send them. I'm asking about sending it to DJI.

When you send your drone into DJI there is no telling if you will get your original drone back, usually not. I know some people have asked that they repair their drone, not replace it, and send the original back even if it takes longer. Even after that some have still received a replacement drone.

Reactions: zzxrox
When you send your drone into DJI there is no telling if you will get your original drone back, usually not. I know some people have asked that they repair their drone, not replace it, and send the original back even if it takes longer. Even after that some have still received a replacement drone.
Thats kind of what I figured.

I have no doubt Thunderdrones will send you back the aircraft same you send them. I'm asking about sending it to DJI.
If DJI sends back a refurbished drone, it's not going to have a skin on it. Be prepared to replace it yourself.

Reactions: zzxrox
I’m thinking it was a waste of money getting dji refresh. If you crash a lot it’s good. I mostly fly over water so it will unlikely that I retrieve the drone and when I have needed new motors I was out of warranty new shell out of wsrrenty. I think you save money and you will get the same drone back if you get it to a dji authorized repair center. Camrise in NYC has been good to me. I did get dji care on my spark and Mavic but I think it was silly to have done so.

DJI has no regard for the attachment that comes from tried and true trust.

To DJI, its only assembled hardware, but owners view their own; uniquely.

I sent a RC to an authorized repair center, and received a different unit in return. I was surprised at first, but now, eh it's assembled hardware.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi