DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

September is coming

Richiebricker

Reactions
With September just a couple months away, does anyone know if the manufacturers are going to make the broadcast boxes were suppose to strap to our drones?
I still havent heard any word of anybody working on this problem. Are we all going to be illegal in September and Hide our criminal drones in the closet? I would think they would have started advertising this "Safety" equipment that will surely make drones less safe.

I think September is the compliance date for manufacturers, operators have until September of 2023. I wonder if it's new models only or if existing (but still in production) models have to be equipped. I suppose this means that, for DJI, the M3 and Mini 3 are the last non-RID drones they'll have. Maybe RID will be the exciting new feature of the MA3 line.

In any case, count me in with the illegal operators. I'll never install an RID. I'll fly until I get pinched a few times then move on to another hobby. If the local police can look up your flight info, that means anyone can. The local cops aren't going to say no to a relative or influential business.

Here is the actual information… The FAA Reference is attached at the bottom.

Read.png

FAA's Rules for Remote Identification for Drone Pilots

Remember, the rules for Remote ID are a bit convolute.

All drones over 250 grams will have to be registered!

All Drones flown under Part 107 will have to be registered, even those that weigh less than 250 grams!

Therefore, all Drones flown under Part 107 and all Drones over 250 grams must be registered.

And the Rules says all Drones that must be Registered must also comply with the Remote ID Rule…

So, If you fly for fun (Recreation) and your Drone weighs less than 250 Grams then it is NOT REQUIRED to be registered and subsequently, it is not required to have Remote ID…

Fly Safe and Fly Smart!

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman