DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting Return to Home in Dji Go 4

jayefs

Reactions
I have watched several Youtube videos on setting the Return To Home height but cannot actually see how to do it in my Go 4
Can anyone take me through the (very) simple steps in setting the RTH function

Connect Phone & Controller and turn on.
Turn on Mavic.
On DJI Go press “Enter Device”
Press the “Quadcopter” X logo next to where it says connected at the top
Go down to where it says enter RTH home height and put the height you want

f3a55e1d451fbf7ad7b8de20f2221465.jpg

Thank you SteveM,

It is really simple when you know how - I have set it at 80M

Is there anything else I need to know about setting the RTH function - as will be gathered I have only just got my Mavic Pro Platinum and any guidance would be most welcome

Thank you SteveM,

Is there anything else I need to know about setting the RTH function - as will be gathered I have only just got my Mavic Pro Platinum and any guidance would be most welcome
You should review this for every flight location ....

Also if you plan on flying in a location with overhead obstructions then set the RTH to hover so you can walk to the mavic if you need to.

Reactions: Callum
Thank you SteveM,

yes fly staight up 30 feet and hover so a pic can be taken of homepoint

80m just isn't needed, unless you are surrounded by say (safe side) a 60m tall forest or obstacles about that height.
Wind speed increases greatly as you gain altitude, sometimes RTH can be greatly hindered if returning into the wind (or blow away !), and going too high unnecessarily.
(How the get home or land safely in such cases is a whole other learning curve.)

I leave mine on default 30m, and assess before each flight.
In reality, I rarely use it, but good to have put thought into it before flying, just in case.

If you are flying from a hilltop for example, and flying over a surrounding valley, no trees around, say 5m up there might be ample, you could set RTH to this, as when you activate it, it will go to 5m ATOP (above take off point) or whatever RTH is set at, from waaaaayyy down below where it is right then.

RTH can be dangerous in forest, if you are under a canopy, you'd definitely want to be close to it, and perhaps disable RTH so in the event something happened it won't go straight up into the foliage.

You can click the X to cancel RTH, but often it's better to always be prepared to hit the pause button, or if quicker for you, put in sports mode to disable RTH.

DJI basic RTH is covered on pages 14 to 16 in the latest manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf

Always check that the Homepoint has been set when start up before you fly off.

Generally I set mine at 30-40m. But not too high due to winds but also time it takes to come back. But you need to change depending on the height of places around you.

I really like the feature - it is a good idea to just test it in a really safe environment (eg an open field) to give yourself confidence. Eg press RTH. You can even turn off controller to test loss of signal scenario. It has not failed me yet.

Only time I have really seen people saying it doesn’t work is if there is a loss of GPS or compass failure. Then it won’t know where home is and you need to try and fly it back yourself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft