DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sharpness - What are your thoughts?

JanWillemD

Reactions
I'm interested to hear what your thoughts are on some short footage I shot, especially on sharpness. First part isn't color graded, second part is. Sharpness was on 0, shot in D-Cinelike and did a 'tap to focus' before recording. Let me know what you're seeing so I can check if it matches my experiences.

Last edited:
Definitely soft. Try bumping the sharpness, as madman suggested. It's under styles. I suggest using raw stills to make a determination, since they are uncompressed.

Reactions: Rudiger
"I suggest using raw stills to make a determination, since they are uncompressed"

I agree - my Mavic was doing the same thing and it was easier to spot in a large raw still.

I am liking either -1 or 0 anything more just looks horrible and anything less looks to soft

Thanks @geigy @Shotinthenads @madman4049. The reason I asked this is because in my opinion the left 20% of the screen looks more blurry than the other parts. I will try some more settings but I'm doubting if this is because of the settings or it's a lens issue.
Mine has always tended to look a touch out of focus on the right side.
I like to have the grid lines on and tap to focus more or less on one of those towards the right, which evens it out pretty good.

Reactions: JanWillemD

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78