DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shield tablet to Goggle cable ?

c hardy

Reactions
Hi everyone. Well I finally got myself a Mavic Pro. And a Shield K1 tablet. I have most of the accessories already. Waiting on the tablet holder to fly for now. I have also ordered a set of goggles with the HDMI input so I should be able to use them with the Shield Tablet. Quanum Fatshark Genesis HD FPV Goggle w/Integrated 32 CH 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver
My question is where have you guys found a Male to male Mini HDMI cable ?
I've flow Multi copters previously. But it's been a while. Excited to fly but it's Cold in Alberta Canada.

Thanks for your help.

You can use an adapter cable like this one. That's what I'm using with my Nvidia Shield K1.

Last edited:
Yes, that would not be ideal. I was figuring your goggles are coming packed with an HDMI cable to mini HDMI cable. It looks like you just need a cable like this Tripp Lite cable since both the goggles and tablet have mini HDMI ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: c hardy
Yes, that would not be ideal. I was figuring your goggles are coming packed with an HDMI cable to mini HDMI cable. It looks like you just need a cable like this Tripp Lite cable since both the goggles and tablet have mini HDMI ports.
Yes... That is what I need. But Amazon.Com. Won't ship to Canada....
I have now found it through Amazon.Ca. "Thanks"
But it's $79.92 Plus $5.54 shipping
$85.46 for a 6' cable.. $14.25 a foot. LOL

:(

Yes... That is what I need. But Amazon.Com. Won't ship to Canada....
I have now found it through Amazon.Ca. "Thanks"
But it's $79.92 Plus $5.54 shipping
$85.46 for a 6' cable.. $14.25 a foot. LOL

The shield has a mini hdmi output, so just use mini hdmi to hdmi cable and an adapter as @msinger said. That's how I'm using my Skyview goggles. Works perfectly without lag.
Alternatively you could try to get a wifi dongle (be sure it to be 5 GHz and not 2.4 GHz) and plug it to your goggles. I know that solution is working also but i bet the lag could be a problem. So i stay with the cables.

FatShark does not seem to sell that cable directly, but there are a few sellers offering it here on eBay. For anyone in the US, it can also be found here on Amazon.

Last edited:
FatShark does not seem to sell that cable directly, but there are a few sellers offering it here on eBay. For anyone in the US, it can also be found here on Amazon.

Hi. Thanks msinger. I couldn't get the Amazon version as they don't ship to Canada. So I ordered the one from E-bay. It will be a while until I have the goggles. Plus I need to get Comfortable with this Drone first.
I'm still waiting for a mount to hold my tablet. "I've ordered 2 different types" before I fly.

Thanks again.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I have that tablet and goggles, and the appropriate cable, but I haven't been able to get them to work together because the Genesis goggles only accept 720p input and the K1 tablet only outputs at 1080p. It's locked in firmware on both of them, seemingly.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I have that tablet and goggles, and the appropriate cable, but I haven't been able to get them to work together because the Genesis goggles only accept 720p input and the K1 tablet only outputs at 1080p. It's locked in firmware on both of them, seemingly.

Well now. That figures.
I'm not a Tech guy. Could a cable that's HDMI from the tablet to the AV in on the goggles work ? Is there such a thing ?
What other goggles are available that would work ? Any help is appreciated.

Such a thing does exist. I haven't used one but I imagine it would be a small box at least because it would be performing a digital to analog conversion. What I did was buy a second set of goggles, the Eachine Goggles 2, which also have a mini hdmi but support 1080p.

Such a thing does exist. I haven't used one but I imagine it would be a small box at least because it would be performing a digital to analog conversion. What I did was buy a second set of goggles, the Eachine Goggles 2, which also have a mini hdmi but support 1080p.

Hi. Have you used these goggles ? And or can you confirm they will work for FPV with the Mavic ?
Thanks for your help.

Hi. Well I have the goggles now and they work. But. When I plug the HDMI cable in it turns the image upside down. And won't auto rotate anymore. I could mount the tablet upside down. But then the HDMI output would be in the upper Left side. Blocked by the tablet mount adapters.
Can someone help with this ? Thanks.

Hi. Well I have the goggles now and they work. But. When I plug the HDMI cable in it turns the image upside down. And won't auto rotate anymore. I could mount the tablet upside down. But then the HDMI output would be in the upper Left side. Blocked by the tablet mount adapters.
Can someone help with this ? Thanks.

Yeah, Shield hdmi is "expected" upper left. No idea why they don't support all four orientations. What tablet mounts? Z-clips?

I made a "low profile" mount for Shield or other tablets based on their already-existing cheap covers. Keeps the connector areas uncovered.

Low Profile DJI Mavic Controller to Tablet Adapter by halley

Yeah, Shield hdmi is "expected" upper left. No idea why they don't support all four orientations. What tablet mounts? Z-clips?

I made a "low profile" mount for Shield or other tablets based on their already-existing cheap covers. Keeps the connector areas uncovered.

Low Profile DJI Mavic Controller to Tablet Adapter by halley

Hi. Yeah I have the Z clips. I do like your type of mount for a protective case. Cool idea.
Well I was hoping there was a setting that could fix this. But deciding on a New mount is not that bad.

Thanks for your help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot