DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

shooting in 5.4k ?

ninja_geezer

Reactions
ok so is it worth shooting in 5.4k at this time .lets face it a good tv can do 4k but not 5.4k also is there any editing software that will allow export in 5.4k .
i am guessing the only advantage is if you have to punch in a bit in post and then export at 4k .
i play back my footage on my Sony 4k UHD tv .and this is where i want it to look its best as its for my family to watch mainly.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The crop feature is very useful in video, as you can reframe quite a bit as you fly. It is essentially a digital zoom performed in post processing. The additional original resolution gives that much more resolution to work with. With key frames, you can move around in the cropped image for quite dramatic reframes as the drone flies.

ok so is it worth shooting in 5.4k at this time .lets face it a good tv can do 4k but not 5.4k also is there any editing software that will allow export in 5.4k .
i am guessing the only advantage is if you have to punch in a bit in post and then export at 4k .
i play back my footage on my Sony 4k UHD tv .and this is where i want it to look its best as its for my family to watch mainly.

I use it anytime I don't need the AI features and don't need higher framerates. I do so for 1 reason, flexibility. It gives me the ability to crop losslessly if I should want to, and Adobe Premiere has a feature called "auto reframe" which allows you to crop while keeping your subject in the frame. I am also going off of the assumption that 5.4k downsampled to 4k produces a better image than 4k natively. I haven't done any pixel-peeping to confirm, but that's pretty typical. I also don't find working with the 5.4k clips to dramatically impact render times, but that is more subjective than based on any testing or comparisons I've done to confirm.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark