DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading 5.4K video files from my Mavic 3 to my I-pad

Dronerock

Reactions
I have been using my Apple micro SD card reader to download video clips from my Mavic 3 to my Apple 12.7” I-pad with 1Tb memory storage Pro tablet , generally quite successfully since I purchased the drone a year ago.
I was using my M3 to shoot some video clips and thought I would change the settings from 4K to 5.4K which I successfully did while in flight.
When it came to collecting the clips on the SD card for downloading to my laptop, the card reader when plugged in to my laptop for the download to my photo library, indicated that 2 clips I had filmed in 4K were downloaded successfully on my I-pad but the 3 clips I had videoed in 5.4K couldn’t be downloaded . I have since wiped this SD card clean and d replaced it in the drone thinking that the files which were about 8mins in total were too large for downloading to my laptop even thou it has 1 Tb of memory.
When checking my RC Pro controller it appears these files are cached in the controller’s memory files. They play back and I can watch the clips on my controller. I presume they have been downloaded in 1080 resolution on the controller.
I tried to download these SD files which I can watch on my controller, using my card reader with the SD card from the controller onto my tablet thinking I might be able to salvage the 5.4K clips I had been unable to download from the drones SD card, using the controller’s SD card as they had now been converted to lower resolution files while now in the cache files and I have made the SD card the preferred memory storage for the controller.
The card reader with the controller SD card when plugged into the I-pad doesn’t show any file clips at all when it is connected to the tablets’ library using the SD card from the controller as it does when I plug the drones’ SD card into the tablet A pop up on the I-pad’s photo library menu normally appears when I plug the card reader with the drone’s SD card into the I-pad if there are any files on the card reader for downloading to my I-pad. The pop-up usually appears with the title “SD CARD available” when files are available for downloading.
It appears for some reason the RC Pro controller’s SD card doesn’t present files that can be copied onto the card reader for downloading onto my I-pad. So this card reader exercise wasn’t of any help getting these files to my I-pad for editing Either.
Can anyone on this forum enlighten me how to get these high resolution clips that couldn’t be downloaded from my drone SD card, now sitting in the RC Pro controller’s cache memory and only available now only on the controller cache memory as I have deleted them from the drone’s SD card, to be available for downloading to my I-pad.

Last edited:
Get them from the drone sd card not the controller.
If you read the article I initially tried downloading from the drone’s SD card and the clips fro the 4K resolution downloaded ok, but the 5,4K clips wouldn’t down load from the drones DD card. I wiped the card clean as I normally do when I have downloaded to my I-pad. The card works normally with later photo and videoing.
As mentioned I was checking my RC Pro memory cache and the 5.4K clips are still in the memory and Ican’t work out how to get them from this to my I-pad. I have the controller’s memory synced to theSD card and it has been formatted

If you read the article I initially tried downloading from the drone’s SD card and the clips fro the 4K resolution downloaded ok, but the 5,4K clips wouldn’t down load from the drones DD card. I wiped the card clean as I normally do when I have downloaded to my I-pad. The card works normally with later photo and videoing.
As mentioned I was checking my RC Pro memory cache and the 5.4K clips are still in the memory and Ican’t work out how to get them from this to my I-pad. I have the controller’s memory synced to theSD card and it has been formatted
You might actually be looking at the .lrf files on the controller. They are screen resolution (1920 x 1080?) but can be used in a pinch. You can download these and play them on your ipad by changing the .lrf extension to .mp4.
Are you sure your SD card is fast enough to support the 5.4K video? Is it one of the recommended cards for your Mavic?

Have you tried this? From the manual:Quick Transfer.jpg

Apple's photo library leaves a lot to be desired. iOS is really not the best for high resolution/quality video files in my opinion. You might try putting them in a files folder and use a 3rd party app to view. Avoid the library import altogether with 5.4K files. Mine are all downloaded to either my laptop or Mac Studio, I have never had an issue using OS instead of iOS.

You might actually be looking at the .lrf files on the controller. They are screen resolution (1920 x 1080?) but can be used in a pinch. You can download these and play them on your ipad by changing the .lrf extension to .mp4.
Are you sure your SD card is fast enough to support the 5.4K video? Is it one of the recommended cards for your Mavic?

Have you tried this? From the manual:View attachment 168113
I have a RC PRO controller. I can go thru the above procedure mentioned for quick transfer and following the manuals directions, it says it is sending via Bluetooth. A pop up then comes on the screen, “ your transfer was unsuccessful” This procedure doesn’t enable the transfer with my M3, mind you it does with the Mini3 Pro successfully
DJI should enable their soft ware to stop the problem surely with the M3’s software, where the controller goes thru the motions but it just doesn’t, work.
I find the micro SD card in a card reader seems to be the best way for transferring to my i-pad with the M3, that is until I had the problem I am discussing with the 5.4 K files

Last edited:
I have a RC PRO controller. I can go thru the above procedure mentioned for quick transfer and following the manuals directions, it says it is sending via Bluetooth. A pop up then comes on the screen, “ your transfer was unsuccessful” This procedure doesn’t enable the transfer with my M3, mind you it does with the Mini3 Pro successfully
DJI should enable their soft ware to stop the problem surely with the M3’s software, where the controller goes thru the motions but it just doesn’t, work.
I find the micro SD card in a card reader seems to be the best way for transferring to my i-pad with the M3, that is until I had the problem I am discussing with the 5.4 K files

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N