DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Sell or should I keep my Mavic 2 Pro now that I have my M3?

I haven't been paying attention is the GPS issue still a thing on the M3?
I flew my M3 this morning. It took about 3 minutes to get satellites, then I turned it off, went into the house for about 5 minutes, came out and turning back on and got satellites within 30 seconds or less. I think "once it knows" it will be easier for the M3 to get DPS.

I am still hanging on to my Mavic 2 pro as a backup for my Mavic 3. I have a personal project coming up where I will need to buy more batteries for the 3 or use both drones for a total of 6 batteries. This project will be where no power is available except for that in my vehicle. It is an older vehicle and can only charge one battery at a time. Even that charger is slower than the one at home. I also like Go4 better than Fly.

Reactions: SFC117
I flew my M3 this morning. It took about 3 minutes to get satellites, then I turned it off, went into the house for about 5 minutes, came out and turning back on and got satellites within 30 seconds or less. I think "once it knows" it will be easier for the M3 to get DPS.
Have you installed the new update for the M-3? That’s a known issue that from DJI said it’s fixable with the new update

Now that I've become familiar with my new Mavic 3 with fly more kit, I find that I am using my perfectly fine Mavic 2 Pro less and less.It was my only drone for recent Chile trip if anyone wants to see its capabilities. It is in excellent condition, with no history of crashes, injuries of any sort. The batteries and fly more kit and care refresh are all there. I'm afraid that since DJI has discontinued manufacturing the Mavic 2 Pro, my M2P will become more and more obsolete. Before even going through the work of photographing it for sale, I thought I would run it by you people in the forum. I must admit I really don't use the Waypoints, which is really the only thing I would really be losing as compared to the Mavic 3. I would also really miss the DJI Go4 app.

Original price for drone $1279, care refresh $139.00 and $399.00 for fly more for original total of $1817.00.Thinking of letting it all go for $1000.00. I'd like some input before proceeding with my decision.

Dale
Miami
I fly an M2P and from all the issues I've seen with the M3 I'd keep my M2P until you are sure the M3 is worthy. Also it's always good to have a backup. M2P and Litchi Waypoints are just too valuable

I was thinking about an M3, but until I can use it on autonomous flight. It’s not much use for my needs. I also find it hard to part with drones.
Regards

In my country they go around 800-1000 euros max if people have an entire bag filled with the drone and batteries and whatnot

I'll be keeping the M2P, and more interest in new crafts that continue to use On-Board Processing.
The M2EA, M30 and Inspire 3 may be a consideration since all have on-board processing (Assuming Inspire 3).

I haven't used my Air2S much other than playing & experimenting. The M2P stayed in gear due to Litchi & On-Board processing, also used the M3 Cine mixing in photo shots.

With the purchase of the Insta360 Sphere 360 camera, decided I needed to use the Air2S more.
Took Air2S downtown to Construction project... taller 8 story building that consumes the whole city block.
I was testing the 360 Camera attachment... and just as it started getting behind building, lost video. I swung it back and video recovered. I tested it on a few other locations around the building with same results. Pulled the 360 Camera off and retested... same results losing video behind building.
** By the way....the Air2S 360 Camera attachment doesn't bother / block the GPS like the M2P unit. That problem is gone, it collected & locked GPS in normal Air2S fashion, flew & controlled with no detectable difference.

In comparison, I can fly the Inspire 2, and M2P with no loss of video... some days I'll get a "Weak RC Signal Warning" but continue to receive video. I haven't tested the M3 in same manor, I was following it around building capturing various Progress Photographs.

Based on the Air2S signal loss... that reinforced the need to keep the M2P in the workflow. If construction site structures cause the Air2S to loose connectivity... then any missions with Litchi would not be acceptable.

Incidentally, hand catching the Air2S with Insta360 Sphere camera requires careful hand/finger placement... the 360 Camera greatly adds to the irregular mass to grab. For those not familiar with the 360 Camera, it requires hand catch due to bottom camera & sphere lens below the landing legs.

Now that I've become familiar with my new Mavic 3 with fly more kit, I find that I am using my perfectly fine Mavic 2 Pro less and less.It was my only drone for recent Chile trip if anyone wants to see its capabilities. It is in excellent condition, with no history of crashes, injuries of any sort. The batteries and fly more kit and care refresh are all there. I'm afraid that since DJI has discontinued manufacturing the Mavic 2 Pro, my M2P will become more and more obsolete. Before even going through the work of photographing it for sale, I thought I would run it by you people in the forum. I must admit I really don't use the Waypoints, which is really the only thing I would really be losing as compared to the Mavic 3. I would also really miss the DJI Go4 app.

Original price for drone $1279, care refresh $139.00 and $399.00 for fly more for original total of $1817.00.Thinking of letting it all go for $1000.00. I'd like some input before proceeding with my decision.

Dale
Miami
Hi Dale! I would say that $1,000 for your Mavic 2 Pro with the Fly More Kit is definitely a fair price. I recently lost mine after flying it for a year; I lost it when a sudden sun-out rain shower hit it and brought it down on the beach. When I went to retrieve it, a guy on the beach said that another guy had taken it and left. Unfortunately, everything stopped working when it was apparently hit with the rain, so the camera recording only shows it still in the air in its last seconds and I wasn't able to even see who got it. It's probably better that way. Anyway, my brother never used his new Mavic 2 Pro, so he sold me his with the Fly More Kit for $1,000 and I was happy to have it since I have all the batteries and accessories for it already.

Hi Dale! I would say that $1,000 for your Mavic 2 Pro with the Fly More Kit is definitely a fair price. I recently lost mine after flying it for a year; I lost it when a sudden sun-out rain shower hit it and brought it down on the beach. When I went to retrieve it, a guy on the beach said that another guy had taken it and left. Unfortunately, everything stopped working when it was apparently hit with the rain, so the camera recording only shows it still in the air in its last seconds and I wasn't able to even see who got it. It's probably better that way. Anyway, my brother never used his new Mavic 2 Pro, so he sold me his with the Fly More Kit for $1,000 and I was happy to have it since I have all the batteries and accessories for it already.
Thanks Dean. I put the M2 P on the forum for sale and sold it in 48 hours for $1000.00. That was about 2 weeks ago and I have not heard back from the buyer so I think he is happy with the purchase. I think it was a great deal for anyone.

Reactions: deanbush
Thanks Dean. I put the M2 P on the forum for sale and sold it in 48 hours for $1000.00. That was about 2 weeks ago and I have not heard back from the buyer so I think he is happy with the purchase. I think it was a great deal for anyone.
Good! I'm glad you sold it here instead of any other way. With the number of members at MavicPilots, someone was bound to take it, especially at the price. Hmm, maybe I should try to sell my DJI Phantom 3 Pro for about $300.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason