DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should RTH Land?

Moose408

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Air today for the first time. It was about 400 ft away and I got the "Aircraft Disconnected" message. After a few minutes it initiated a return to home, flew up to 400 ft (I need to lower this), flew back and then came down to within 10 ft of the ground.

While it was doing this I was attempting to reconnect with the Mavic, but no luck.

So now it is hovering 10 ft above the ground. My reach is about 9'6" so I could not reach it. I had a few 100 hours with my Mavic Pro and had never tried the RTH function, but I though it was supposed to actually land when it did a RTH.

I finally decided to try jumping up and grabbing it and stood directly under it, as soon as my hand got under it, it reduced it's altitude and I was able to grab it.

The question is...
shouldn't it have auto landed?

Maybe by 'attempting to reconnect' you cancelled the RTH. Hence the hover. Once it was hovering, did you attempt to throttle down and land?

It could be that it decided that the ground below was unsuitable to land on; if the app was running, it tells you if it detects an unsuitable landing site when you use RTH

Reactions: Coskier and WAXMAN
Turn that stupid "landing protection" feature off and you will not have this problem again;) it should just land right where it is coming down. I'm pretty sure as a pilot you know where you take off so landing protection is a pretty stupid feature! I like to have control of my drone anyway! I always keep it off ..... this is also good if you hand catch it won't fight you, it will land soft as a feather!

Reactions: dragonmuzz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga