DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show us your TIME-LAPSE

Jack43

Reactions
Hi all,
I had the idea during "wake-phase" last night ??
Everyone is invoked to show his Timelapse/Hyperlapse. Do not post entire Videos but only extracts containing Timelapse sequences!

I will start with two...But they are fake Timelapses! Yes, it´s possible to shoot fake lapses ?

here I did shoot the frostwork, the I dissolved them with a hairdryer. (it´s teh beginning of a longer video called "Fall and winter"

Here I shot the the landsape in summer, then I shot exatly the same landscape in fall. In post I made a cross dissolve of about three minutes. Of coure the camera had to be mounted on a tripod which was standing at the attic-window during about 3 months! It´s also the beginning of a longer video called "late-fall and winter"

and here is a "real" timelapse: (not the second shot, but the first and the last)

I am looking forward to discover your timelapses ?
cheers Paul

all three are amazing. Interesting to see all the trucks how the come in and out, like geant antes ?
thanks for showing us your timelapse!
cheers Paul

Reactions: Bufface
Nice stuff !!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Bufface
The wires in front suck but at the time it was the only place to put the (crappy) camera.
Hi Tufargon,
the view is fantastic and I like very much the flowing fog, that looks really amazing. No problem with the wires ?
Only critizism: 5 minutes are way too long ? If the fog would have shrouded little by little the whole valley/mountain, the lenght would have been appropriate ? Only my two cents!
cheers Paul

Reactions: Tufargon
Jack is right and possibly cramming it into 30 seconds would also make the shifting shadows an interesting asset as well.

Thanks guys! I really didn't know how long to make it since it was my first time lapse and it was I think over 3 hours long in it's normal format (video).
Jack I understand what you're saying about shrouding the whole mountain. It's kind of hard to notice but they were huge already. Kind of an optical illusion because if you look at the bottom left you'll see a quite large 2 story house. That will give you a better perspective of how big the fog and mountains actually are.
Thanks very much to you guys for the contructive criticism! I will shorten it. Thumbswayup
Shortened down to 40 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks guys! I really didn't know how long to make it since it was my first time lapse and it was I think over 3 hours long in it's normal format (video).
Jack I understand what you're saying about shrouding the whole mountain. It's kind of hard to notice but they were huge already. Kind of an optical illusion because if you look at the bottom left you'll see a quite large 2 story house. That will give you a better perspective of how big the fog and mountains actually are.
Thanks very much to you guys for the contructive criticism! I will shorten it. Thumbswayup
Shortened down to 40 seconds.

I like the faster and shorter clip.

• Love
Yeah... Mother Nature can really put on a show! Just feel lucky when I see one .. especially whe my drone is ready to fly.
You have more opportunity there in AZ than most places, I know. I lived there for a while and they have so many beautiful sunsets.

But having the cloud cover to light up is a bit less common.
True. The other thing you get there than most places is billowing clouds around the valley rim. Would be great time lapses. Always amazed me seeing them and how fast they did it. I could sit in the back yard and watch it for hours thinking.............. Will it actually rain this time? LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman