DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sick of Disconnects, plus...

... I have both the GO app and GO4 installed. I think this is possibly contributing to a communication issue. I have not used the GO app since this past Nov. However, when I powered up the R/C the GO app started when it should have been the GO4 app. I hadn't removed the GO app due to still having my P3 pro. But I'm going to remove it now and see if any improvements come from it..
This was essentially the issue I had last year when my S7 edge was playing up with Go4 and crashing Removing Go3 alone was not sufficient to fix the issue for me.

I suspected because the nested DJI folder structure leaves some v3 stuff on board after uninstall. So I purged everything DJIGO 3 and 4 related including manually removing said folders that remained. Followed by a clean DJIGo4 installl fixed things for me.

So I Would recommend at very least manually removing any identifiable v3 folders and files in the DJI tree post uninstall as the uninstal process won't do this for you. But preferbly remove the lot and start with a fresh install.

It's a mystery when the Shield is/was one of the most powerful tablets.
Not had slightest problem with Samsung Galaxy S5 running various other apps in background most likely.
It only has Go4 on it though.

If you look inside the DJI Go folders on the internal storage, you'll see there's a folder in there with 'crash' in the name. Inside are the crash log files. Seems that a java process is crashing.... It 100% an application issue. Litchi for me has not crashed one single time. So it's nothing to do with the OS or hardware.

Reactions: Cimriver and Logger
Nothing really new about this situation. It's a common android device problem. Too many flavors of hardware and software overlays create a major headache for people creating complex IO dependent software. One version of the app works well on one model but has glitches on others. Programmers create specific subroutines to fix the glitches and in the process these new subroutines create issues with previously working models. Rinse and repeat in an endless loop.
When you truly get tired of playing that game get an iOS device.

If you look inside the DJI Go folders on the internal storage, you'll see there's a folder in there with 'crash' in the name. Inside are the crash log files. Seems that a java process is crashing.... It 100% an application issue. Litchi for me has not crashed one single time. So it's nothing to do with the OS or hardware.
Makes sense. All the more reason to do a clean install.

Reactions: adamsweeting
Using IOS seems a lot better. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (7") to use instead of my iPad Mini - lasted less than a day before I returned it. Constant disconnects, 4 second 'video buffer' (!) and generally crap. Gone back to iPad and iPhone, zero problems.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well since making my last post above I went and made another flight to see if anything stood out if another disconnect happened. And sure enough I did experience another disconnect.

I researched data I converted from the Mavic's internal flight log. I wasn't able to see anything with huge redflags attached to it, but I did have something happen that later got me thinking could be what is causing my trouble. I have both the GO app and GO4 installed. I think this is possibly contributing to a communication issue. I have not used the GO app since this past Nov. However, when I powered up the R/C the GO app started when it should have been the GO4 app. I hadn't removed the GO app due to still having my P3 pro. But I'm going to remove it now and see if any improvements come from it.

One other thing I noticed, each time my disconnects have taken place is happening when I'm flying into a semi-strong headwind. At this point I again feel there is some app confusion taking place.

Just saw this. Uninstall GO, just have Go4.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It looks to me as if they (DJI) developed this as an app for iOS, and have been porting to Android.

Makes sense. All the more reason to do a clean install.

I'm working on it now. I uninstalled both the GO & GO4 apps after syncing the flight logs. I then removed all related dji folders an rebooted the tablet. The GO4 app has a fresh install, and logged in. I just need to go through all settings once again.

If issues continue I will then switch over to the mini2.

Keep us posted, I'm having the same problems. Go 4 app just closes about 3-4 times a battery, for me.

I'm working on it now. I uninstalled both the GO & GO4 apps after syncing the flight logs. I then removed all related dji folders an rebooted the tablet. The GO4 app has a fresh install, and logged in. I just need to go through all settings once again.

If issues continue I will then switch over to the mini2.

So the quote above was a waste of time as nothing changed and I continued having the same problem. With the android tablet I had disconnects, blinking icons for the R/C and HD. After doing some research I found that the blinking R/C & HD icons represented some type of interference. Once they started blinking, they would not stop until landing. On the last android flight the icon for the HD began to blink after the mavic reached around 100ft from 1st launching. I wanted to test a WindSurfer Antenna Enhancer a friend that makes and sells them. So I had to fly far enough away to where the bars on either the R/C or HD icon dropped at least 2 bars. Once I reached the distance for 2 bars to drop off, I began to slide the WindSurfer onto both antennas. Right at that point the app went black due to a disconnect. Of course this got me thinking the interference issue is related to the disconnects. So I finished installing the WindSurfer and then selected the GoFly button on the navigation page. The app started back up and I noticed the HD bars were fully maxed out which was a pleasant sight. I slid off the WindSurfer and the bars dropped down minus 2. So my friends setup works, but I'm not sure yet how well it works. I know this same setup worked very well on my P3P.

So I flew home and switched out the android tablet for the ios tablet. I went through all settings to see if they were the same and they were for the most part. I then flew for over 15 minutes and not one issue whatsoever. This was the 2nd time I used this ios tablet. I'm a full blown android guy but there is a big difference between the ios & android. The ios to start with is flawless. There is honestly no comparison. For those of you with android ever want to see what your aircraft is suppose to fly like, plus see how some features are actually meant to work, you should try the ios. Dji without a doubt puts all their main focus into the ios. I will continue using the ios tablet until the next app or firmware update.

I'm going to agree frank. I personally have not had a single problem with my Shield but most of the disconnects seem to occur with android devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same problem today and I have a Galaxy S7 ,some people suggested to turn off the WIFI on the phone , I will try that latter on today and see .

I'm going to agree frank. I personally have not had a single problem with my Shield but most of the disconnects seem to occur with android devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For you to not have any trouble with disconnects, there must be something different with the setting config on you're Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx