DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skinning Batteries

I did not get any replies on this in another thread about bulging batteries.
I have them skinned with Decal Girl skin which is a fairly heavy plastic.Its real nice on the AC, but I am wondering if this contributes to faster heating of the batteries.
It certainly insulates them and may be affecting the life span contributing to faster bulging. Perhaps we should not wrap batteries, at least those of us living in hot climates. In Florida I am rarely flying
in cold air. I'm taking it off the one battery I have left. and as for me , the new batteries I'm getting will not be skinned. I may try a temperature test on skinned and non skinned
immediately after the same timed flight. Any thoughts on this?
I cant imagine a thin Skin would insulate the battery, causing swelling, more than the poly case surrounding the cells, Someone suggested manufacturing dates, meaning that during a period of time QC on the battery line was below par. Im inclined to believe crap cell manufacturing before a thin skin is responsible for battery swelling. Could have been rats crapped in the battery cell recipe bowl.

I'm puzzled as well, have 3 MA2 batteries that came with fly more combo. All treated the same way, 1 out of 3 did develop the bulge. All wrapped, never flown below 20% and always take them out of the drone right after flights.

Every time I read the title of this thread, I'm thinking someone is taking the battery shell apart or skinning the plastic off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078