DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skinning ones Mavic...Is it true

Grtday

Reactions
that DJI will void the warranty on a skinned Mavic?
So many cool skins out there! I want to make mine....MINE!
Thanks to all!

Skins wont void your warranty or Refresh. The problem with skins is that if you send it in under warranty or Refresh, they will send you a refurbished drone with no skin. So you need to either take it off before you send it in, or lose it.

Skinds are a great idea to keep orientation and also to protect the drone body from scratches.

that DJI will void the warranty on a skinned Mavic?
I've never seen anyone mention DJI denied a warranty claim due to having a skin. Did you see someone mention this somewhere?

I've never seen anyone mention DJI denied a warranty claim due to having a skin. Did you see someone mention this somewhere?
Saw it in one of the forums. Something like "DJI will void the warranty if your drone is skinned." Something about non-DJI product, etc. Just thought I would ask. Ordered my skins today!

It's true that DJI could decide not to honor your warranty if a 3rd party accessory is found to be the cause of a problem you're attempting to claim under warranty. I'm not aware of any issues skins cause, so it's a pretty safe 3rd party accessory to use. Also, DJI sells skins in their store, so they don't seem to think it's a dangerous thing to install either.

Ive sent my skinned mavic in for warranty repairs, got the skinned mavic back with little holes cut over the screw heads so they could open it up. No issue with skin from warranty side.

Some skins dont like to be applied twice.
I wouldn’t think any are. And at 30 bucks or whatever, why be Cheap now? Peel the stupid thing off and send it in.

Or to @Thunderdrones with it applied and I’m sure it’ll be returned immaculately. ;) everything I’ve heard supports this.

I was just saying under a warranty issue I’d just be done with it, that’s all.. why even base a possible multi hundred dollar bill against a free fix over a thirty dollar skin?

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J