DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To Skin or Not to Skin.

Do you have a skin on your drone(s)? If you're planning to get one then consider that a "Yes."

• Yes, I do have a skin on my drone(s).

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • No, I do NOT have a skin on my drone(s).

Votes: 39 54.2%

• Total voters

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
I've always skinned every device I've ever had. From iPods and iPhones to Xboxes and PCs, I've always skinned them everything. I skin skateboards and OneWheels and charging blocks and Jul vapes.. lol I skin anything I can because I think MY IDEAS are better.. lol This is Including my recent Mini 2. I wasn't real happy with the latest mini 2 skin but maybe thats the point here... I'm "evolving."

So, with this NEW Mavic 3 that I just received, I'm starting to think that I do NOT want to cover this BEAUTIFUL "Precious" of mine up. Its "dark package" just OOZES coolness and swagger to me. Personally, I think its B.A.

I would like to know where people stand on this subject and if skinning is as popular as I think it is. Please vote and comment.

Thank you for your time. :)

@OJsakila ,well ,i have skins on both my MPP and MM ,but when it came to the Mini 3 ,i decided not to put a skin on it ,as i like it just the way it is ,so just go with your gut ,and do what works for you

It's funny you ask this. I just visited a friend I hadn't seen in a while (3 years) who is also a photographer and flyer. He has never seen any of the DJI stuff so I took my M2P over to show him and discuss thoughts about it. As I talked, he was starring at it quite a bit and asked about how I got it to 'look' the way I did. He did not know about wraps but was impressed.

I did just one of my drones (M2P) just to see how it looked and how it would weather time. I like that it can still be removed and not effect the drone's surface in any way. If I could get skins for my other drones that matched - I would. That said, if I ever sell the drone I would remove and return to stock. It's a personal thing and the best part is that it is not permanent so when/if you change your mind, you can do so with no ill effects what-so-ever.

P1040181.png

It's funny you ask this. I just visited a friend I hadn't seen in a while (3 years) who is also a photographer and flyer. He has never seen any of the DJI stuff so I took my M2P over to show him and discuss thoughts about it. As I talked, he was starring at it quite a bit and asked about how I got it to 'look' the way I did. He did not know about wraps but was impressed.

I did just one of my drones (M2P) just to see how it looked and how it would weather time. I like that it can still be removed and not effect the drone's surface in any way. If I could get skins for my other drones that matched - I would. That said, if I ever sell the drone I would remove and return to stock. It's a personal thing and the best part is that it is not permanent so when/if you change your mind, you can do so with no ill effects what-so-ever.
Your skin is AWESOME and looks really clean. +1 Yes, the fact that they are NOT permanent is a huge plus. I DO like yours, tho. Id like to see some different skin manufacturers other than MightySkin and DecalGirl.. Yours looks great!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I've always skinned every device I've ever had. From iPods and iPhones to Xboxes and PCs, I've always skinned them everything. I skin skateboards and OneWheels and charging blocks and Jul vapes.. lol I skin anything I can because I think MY IDEAS are better.. lol This is Including my recent Mini 2. I wasn't real happy with the latest mini 2 skin but maybe thats the point here... I'm "evolving."

So, with this NEW Mavic 3 that I just received, I'm starting to think that I do NOT want to cover this BEAUTIFUL "Precious" of mine up. Its "dark package" just OOZES coolness and swagger to me. Personally, I think its B.A.

I would like to know where people stand on this subject and if skinning is as popular as I think it is. Please vote and comment.

I have a fluorescent orange skin on my drones to enhance visibility - it works very well

I have a fluorescent orange skin on my drones to enhance visibility - it works very well
I ordered a green one and when it arrived it was more of a dull green…about the color of the local tree leaves…I didn’t put it on LOL

Reactions: Bob in Savannah

View attachment 153737
A skin designed to hide the drone if it goes down…nice…

I put a skin on my FPV. Then I added bracers. Now I can’t remove the bracers as they are on so tight that attempting to remove them pulls at the leg area enclosing the motor and it appears it will break it off. The bracers are now permanent LOL

• Wow
A skin designed to hide the drone if it goes down…nice…

One might think that but in reality, its not gonna be much harder to find than a dark grey drone. Even still, it makes a case to fly the drone in a manner that lessens the chance that it 'goes down' ,

One might think that but in reality, its not gonna be much harder to find than a dark grey drone. Even still, it makes a case to fly the drone in a manner that lessens the chance that it 'goes down' ,
I like the skin but the problem for me is that I run the other way when I even think I see snake. I'd never get close enough to check. ;)

I put a skin on my FPV. Then I added bracers. Now I can’t remove the bracers as they are on so tight that attempting to remove them pulls at the leg area enclosing the motor and it appears it will break it off. The bracers are now permanent LOL
I'm an idiot. HOWEVER, I DID search the word, "bracers," before posting this...This was the only post that came up. lol

What are "bracers???" lol

Reactions: mavictk
I'm an idiot. HOWEVER, I DID search the word, "bracers," before posting this...This was the only post that came up. lol

What are "bracers???" lol
The FPV can add a set of arms between the legs to brace the frame.

I have a skin on my Mavic 3 and it works pretty well. I put one on my Mini 3 and it has so many curves and sharp edges, it peels way too easy. I also don't think the quality of the film was as good though.

• Wow
I have a skin on my Mavic 3 and it works pretty well. I put one on my Mini 3 and it has so many curves and sharp edges, it peels way too easy. I also don't think the quality of the film was as good though.
I was wondering... I've been critical of my Decalgirl skin on my Mini 2.. THIS is why I've made this poll/post. Nice insight. +1

Who did you purchase your Mavic 3 skin from that you're happy with??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_