DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Steps to get screenshots off RC 2 internal storage...

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Am I right that it takes an incredible number of obscure and undocumented steps to copy screen and video captures from the RC 2's internal storage to the RC 2's SD card? (tunneling though the audio-file directory, basically...)

I've been thinking of writing out all those steps, and then asking DJI if this is really the way they intend for us to do it, but first wanted to see if I was off-base. I'm aware that DJI recommends connecting to another device with a cable, but we may not always be able to do that.

Thanks!

I have an RC Controller and an RC2 controller and also an RC Pro controller and I find them all complicated with regard to the video that is stored on the controller. When I originally got my Mini 2 (I also have a Mini 3 pro and now the Mini 4 pro)I would fly the drone and the flights would automatically show under the Saved files on the controller (select Album from the home screen, I didn't need to download them from the drone. Now even with SD card selected (in Profile) the files transmitted to the Controller from the drone invariably don't show up (when I go to Album) selecting the Saved drop-down option. I've asked DJI and questioned Facebook Forums but no-one seems to know what I am talking about. I was very pleased to see your post because it's reassuring to see that I am not the only one having this problem.

Reactions: Thmoore
OK! Had a nice back and forth with DJI support. The text instructions DJI makes available to their support folks are all wrong:

DJI RC 2's screen recordings and screenshots are stored in the machine's internal space by default. After you completes the screen recording, go to DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Movies to find the corresponding screen recording, select it and click on the three small buttons in the upper right corner. Click and select copy to, and now find the path corresponding to the SD card.
That's how it may have worked on the RC, or before a firmware update to the RC 2, but not now. My very helpful customer-service rep also sent me a video, which does have the correct steps:

Yes, it does include clicking on "Audio Files" so you can get into the now-locked-down file browser. Sheesh!

I asked that they update the materials they give customer service, that they put full instructions somewhere readily available on the web, and that for good measure, they quit locking down these Android devices so **** tightly. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne