DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skyfill v1.2 released: 16-bit colour and AdobeRGB support

Dr. Sybren

Reactions
Version v1.2 of Skyfill has been released! The most important improvements are support for 16-bit colour and AdobeRGB.

featured.jpg

The 16-bit colour support is automatic. Feed Skyfill a 16-bit image, and it’ll output a 16-bit TIFF.

For more info, check out Skyfill v1.2 released | dr. Sybren

These improvements were sponsored by Dan Rose. Thanks, Dan!

Most drones (UAVs) cannot look straight up to photograph the sky above them. As a result, spherical panoramas made with drones tend to have a gap in the sky. Some drones, like my DJI Mavic 2, can fill in this gap automatically while generating a preview. However, when I stitch the photos myself to get a better quality output, there is still that sky gap. I got fed up with having to choose between a nice sky or a nice overall image, so I did what developers do and made my own software: Skyfill.

Skyfill allows you to do fill in the gap in the sky in high-resolution images.

Version v1.2 of Skyfill has been released! The most important improvements are support for 16-bit colour and AdobeRGB.

View attachment 112952

The 16-bit colour support is automatic. Feed Skyfill a 16-bit image, and it’ll output a 16-bit TIFF.

For more info, check out Skyfill v1.2 released | dr. Sybren

These improvements were sponsored by Dan Rose. Thanks, Dan!

Most drones (UAVs) cannot look straight up to photograph the sky above them. As a result, spherical panoramas made with drones tend to have a gap in the sky. Some drones, like my DJI Mavic 2, can fill in this gap automatically while generating a preview. However, when I stitch the photos myself to get a better quality output, there is still that sky gap. I got fed up with having to choose between a nice sky or a nice overall image, so I did what developers do and made my own software: Skyfill.

Skyfill allows you to do fill in the gap in the sky in high-resolution images.
I prefer to fill the sky with real clouds like in the link below.
360° pano filled with real clouds

Well sure, if you can photograph the clouds you don't needs Skyfill. What software did you use for this?

Well sure, if you can photograph the clouds you don't needs Skyfill. What software did you use for this?
I manual took an additional 9 shots of the sky with the drone on the ground and then stitched all the shots in MS image composite editor. Sometimes the ground shots don't stitch to the sky shots so I blend the two ICE shots in photoshop. I also have a library of sky shots that I can blend with ground pano.

Reactions: PhotoDB

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic