DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sliced Bread 2.0

GooterFly68

Reactions
When I go out on the weekends flying my MP, sometimes flying for the whole day, I have everything but a way to dump my 64 gig micro SD card when it’s full. Even the DJI Seagate Fly drive requires you to connect with your laptop because it needs a power source. Low and behold I found what I was looking for...the WD Wireless Pro External HD. It has 10 hours of battery life on a full charge, connects wirelessly to the Wireless WD app on your phone or iPad/tablet, and can even charge the same. You simply take out the micro SD card out of your MP or Phantom and insert it into the side of the drive using the MSD card adapter. The power indicator lights (4) also act as a data upload/download indicator when all four lights are solid blue, indicating that the download is complete. Remove the the MicroSD and back into your drone, format the card, and you’re back in business with an empty card ready for another 2 hours of video footage at 4K. Then put the WD HD back in your back and continue to fly. Sliced Bread 2.0!!!

57dd27cb33af9c0469d76b7c512432b1.jpg
8b7dc37c0d95d0d6244eb4dabf3217bd.jpg

Yep I've got 2, one copy the other move
Useful on my 3 month holiday

Only problem is using USB adapter, uses id of adapter not of card so required micro - SD adapter
_20171102_145256.JPG

In 3 months using mavic, gopro & 2x dslr used 1.3TB

Yep I've got 2, one copy the other move
Useful on my 3 month holiday

Only problem is using USB adapter, uses id of adapter not of card so required micro - SD adapter
View attachment 24749

In 3 months using mavic, gopro & 2x dslr used 1.3TB
I just came back from 3 months in asia, and had a similar dilemma on my hands. I looked at those drives, but really didn't want to carry another piece of gear that size. So instead, I bought 5 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSD-Adapter-MB-ME128GA-AM/dp/B06XWZWYVP/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

which saved me the hassle of having another thing to charge, and SD cards are much more stable a storage medium than hard drives. Plus I can also use the cards in the two GoPros I have and as external storage on my Android phone. And super light/compact.

I had 672GB in various micro SD cards + 128GB in 2 SD cards + 64GB in a cf card
Microsd - SD adapters
Microsd - cf adapter
SD - cf adapter

Just to make sure

Reactions: pixl
I just came back from 3 months in asia, and had a similar dilemma on my hands. I looked at those drives, but really didn't want to carry another piece of gear that size. So instead, I bought 5 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSD-Adapter-MB-ME128GA-AM/dp/B06XWZWYVP/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

which saved me the hassle of having another thing to charge, and SD cards are much more stable a storage medium than hard drives. Plus I can also use the cards in the two GoPros I have and as external storage on my Android phone. And super light/compact.

I now have two 64gig MicroSD cards and just like having the security of an immediate backup strategy. Being a professional photographer, and I’m sure that you know this, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a backup for everything! I learned that the hard way doing my first wedding as a rookie photog having my flash card fail on me and someone tripping over my $600 Flash unit...

Hence 2 hdd's one a copy of the other kept on different people (me & the wife) and if one failed / lost / stolen then enough storage to keep original on card & backup on 1 hdd

Reactions: GooterFly68
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober