DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller disconnect

Andyc240

Reactions
Hey guys just been out giving the mvp2 a quick flight and got a disconnected message in red top of screen and sataliites where blank its as if the drone had switched off, still had control and vlos as wasn't to far away

Just wondering has anyone with the new firmware update had this problem as it's a first for me

This hasn't happened to me with the recent firmware.

How was the antenna orientation?
Antenna was all good flat facing straight up at it and it was like the black and white screen u get when u turn the mv2p off and the controller stays on was really weird and had 17 Sat's on before it happened and no interference but seemed OK when I brought it down and turned both on and off again also the home Co ordinates didn't leave the screen they stayed there and couldn't get them off

Reactions: Coadyd
Did 2 flights today after the latest firmware update. The first one was ok (up to 2km away) yet the second flight almost got me a heart attack as the drone (M2Z) got disconnected twice for no apparent reasons from the smart controller and this has never happened for the last 120 flights or so. Lucky the drone went into self RTH but I had to restart the controller to regain access..
I will be investigating the flight logs for any clues... Unfortunately, they are from the controller, and since the connexion was lost, they are most likely incomplete...
Aircraft 01.00.0510
RC 01.00.0650
Go4 4.3.28

Did 2 flights today after the latest firmware update. The first one was ok (up to 2km away) yet the second flight almost got me a heart attack as the drone (M2Z) got disconnected twice for no apparent reasons from the smart controller and this has never happened for the last 120 flights or so. Lucky the drone went into self RTH but I had to restart the controller to regain access..
I will be investigating the flight logs for any clues... Unfortunately, they are from the controller, and since the connexion was lost, they are most likely incomplete...
Aircraft 01.00.0510
RC 01.00.0650
Go4 4.3.28
Did u update with the new dji assistant think it went from .8 to .10 that's what I had to do but need to get out and give the mavic a good run as weather hasn't been great here for a while now so windy

I got version 2.0 and there is no link on the app to actually force an update or even check if it is the latest...

Hey guys just been out giving the mvp2 a quick flight and got a disconnected message in red top of screen and sataliites where blank its as if the drone had switched off, still had control and vlos as wasn't to far away

Just wondering has anyone with the new firmware update had this problem as it's a first for me
I received this issue on July 5th, 2020, it was the first time that my S/C has ever disconnected, it was as if the screen simply froze, luckily, I was also flying VLOS at the time and wasn't Miles away, I'll be testing the RTH capabilities sometime later this month should the issue happen again when I am flying miles away from my home point

This also happened to me about a month ago. The drone was only 10 meters away and I could still fly the drop .

Aircraft 01.00.0510
RC 01.00.0650
Go4 4.3.28
Check this outFB_IMG_1601068988474.jpeg

Reactions: fdewarren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member