DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Poor Signal

robheffernan

Reactions
Hi All,

I recently upgraded my Air to a 2 Pro. With the air I was easily able to spoof my GPS location and invoke FCC mode, without sacrificing my RTH location.

I tried installing Fake GPS on the smart controller, but I am having signal issues at just a couple of hundred meters. Is anyone aware of how I can increase the controller signal output, or put the smart controller into FCC mode, without messing with RTH? Otherwise I will be disappointed to have to send back the product?

If I was to ditch the smart controller, would I be easily able to fake FCC mode as I could with the Air?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Rob

as far as I know any of those fake gps things don't work on the sc, I use NLD to get FCC, but if you on the latest drone firmware your outta luck until NLD come out with a new version.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I read that about NLD. I have reached out to them to ask. Will see what they come back with! Cheers

Okay....This is some what interesting to me because aside from having no signal issues with my SC in a large city or in the absolute sticks of upstate, why are you wanting to switch to FCC mode, and is your signal that bad/weak all the time or just when you tried to "Spoof" the SC? I'm quite curious.

Here in Europe we are limited in regard to power output of a device, hence, we are forced to use CE mode rather than FCC mode. The signal strength is terrible.

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
Have you checked to make sure you're in Regular not HD mode under the video transmission options in the app? Just a thought. I don't have SC but a friend was having range issue with his and mentioned he was in HD mode not Regular.

I have the FCC working on my SC with no problems regarding RTH.
Did you set the developer commands correctly.
It's not quite the same process for SC, as just adding fake GPS app to an Android phone.
FCC in 5.8 is a big improvement.

Could you tell me how you have enabled the fcc mode on the SC?
ihave enabled developer settings and downloaded fake gps app but it will not let me see maps on the SC. It says that the maps are not supported.

Could you tell me how you have enabled the fcc mode on the SC?
ihave enabled developer settings and downloaded fake gps app but it will not let me see maps on the SC. It says that the maps are not supported.
its not English,but you can stop start follow.
Much easier to pay a small fee for NLD if you have not already updated to the latest firmware,or previous one,though new patch is about to be released.
There are a few mentions in the posts regarding the latest firmware just released ,with a link to another developer who has already navigated the Ce to FCC past the new version.
Have a look in new posts.
So much easier with FCC patch in my Sc than messing with fake gps,and necessary procedures,especially if you want to use iOS.

same process for the regular rc + android phone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin