DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Return to home

Yes.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I thought smart return to home is backtrack using front avoidance sensors which Mini doesn’t have...

The very first DJI Naza flight controllers also had return to home and they had no sensors as they were a stand alone unit that you used to build a multi rotor and install it on the frame and wire it all up

They primarily use GPS for the return to home function that is why without obstacle avoidance systems you need to make sure you set your RTH height higher than obstacles like trees and buildings before you take off from your flying site

Reactions: Capt KO
I thought smart return to home is more related to the capacity of the drone to determine how much battery is left related to its distance to the home so it will engaged auto return if battery is borderline related to its location.

Here is extract from Pro/Zoom
8a0bc6e379273cc6b8c37420a4b34782.jpg

The very first DJI Naza flight controllers also had return to home and they had no sensors as they were a stand alone unit that you used to build a multi rotor and install it on the frame and wire it all up

They primarily use GPS for the return to home function that is why without obstacle avoidance systems you need to make sure you set your RTH height higher than obstacles like trees and buildings before you take off from your flying site
I had one of those I built , my phantoms didn’t have sensors. It always returned fine.

Yes sorry this is what I mean. Where the little Home point (H) in the flight time line . Tells you have enough power to get home .

Just done see that in the go fly app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky