DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smooth Vids

countit

Reactions
Hey Gang-

Love flying my Mavic but I struggle greatly taking smooth videos and avoiding the herky jerky movements of the sticks.

I realize there are settings that can change but I think I need more radical interventions for what I want to accomplish.

Is there another control app that will let me establish/record various sequential way points and camera angles then have the Mavic travel through those points and automatically pan the camera through those points for a nice smooth video?

Yes, I'm somewhat of a noob. Yes, this is a sincere question. Any tips and advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Litchi has a great Waypoint feature that will do what you want. You will also need some neutral-density filters to slow down the shutter speed.

EXP settings is a place to start or even easier go into tripod mode. Cinematic mode slows the braking and sudden movements too.

I've been playing around with Drone Harmony lately.
It has some great options for waypoints, POIs and quickshot type modes like orbit. Works very well.
It's in beta and currently free.

Cinematic mode or dialing down your yaw movement by reducing EXP and end point helps. Also adjust your gimbal settings, as far to fast at default.

A lot of it is in the editing as well. What kind of results are you aiming for? Continuous shots?

Personally I have not used any autonomous flight modes or software yet, I'd rather get the practice in flying manually first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow