DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So is DJI Flight Simulator II a Virus or not.

MavicFT1P

Reactions
i got renewed interest in installing, checking out flight simulator ii today, only to get the virus hit again.

Assistant 2 already installs in a increasingly suspicious scripty fashion, so in an attempt to limit the grape and pillage of my PC any
further; Can someone sound off on whether/what the virus hit is. It's from DJI's own site as you know.

Isn't every Virus these days?

Installed. Cant be as bad as google home page

Here's what I found. I have a 64-bit computer and the software always wanted to install the program in the Program Files (x86) folder (or directory for those that came up from DOS.) That folder is for 32-bit programs. This always resulted in the false-positive malware notice. As soon as I changed the default installation folder to Program Files and not Program Files (x86), it installed without incident.
HTH

Yeh i think it's ok.
Let's hope it's not macheteing it's way through vital system files
and whatnot while i get around to playing it.
Is it even good?

My Mac gave me some weird warning after installing the assistant. Kinda gets scary, as we are told dji is spying.

Im not worried about people spying type hacking me, my PC.

Only hacking that concerns me is Screwing up my PC, making
system run slower, etc. I dont think this is their agenda.
unless i just made it their agenda by saying it would concern me...Oh Geez :oops:

a few days after installing the simulator in the work computer, all the alarms went off in my company.
the thing ended with a warning to me, and I formatted all my hard drives and lost all my data.
It has been very hard for me.
I have been lucky to lose my job.
I will never install a DJI on a PC again.
Now I fly my DJI mini on a phone that I only use to fly without a data card.
and I only allow the memory card to contact my PC.
Surely it has been a very strong reaction from my company's IT department, but I did not deserve what happened to me.

While the number of false positives with DJI software is not good I would strongly recommend against personal software on a work machine as false positives can occur with other software and our company we'll generally err on the side of caution and wipe a PC each time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452