DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soft for hack drones

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzo

Reactions
Good evening or day, I have been inspired by the idea of creating software for remote hacking of drones and taking control over them. I'm from Ukraine and I would like to help my country and put an end to these terrible events and the deaths of innocent people. Can you provide any ideas on where to start or any software concepts or developments? I would be grateful for any information. I hope you understand me. If anyone has documentation, parts of keys, or even permissions, or perhaps the drones themselves, any information would be valuable! Thank you!

I have been inspired by the idea of creating software for remote hacking of drones and taking control over them
I haven't ever heard of such a thing with DJI drones. The war will likely be over by the time you figure it out (or bail on the idea).

Devices such as these are illegal for sale or manufacture in the U.S. So I don't think you would find much help here Sorry.
I dare to say that even discussing the creation of such a device by persons residing in the U.S. On the internet would be considered a conspiracy to violate F.C.C. regulations. BUT then again I'm not a lawyer I just watch one on T.V.

Devices such as these are illegal for sale or manufacture in the U.S. So I don't think you would find much help here Sorry.
I dare to say that even discussing the creation of such a device by persons residing in the U.S. On the internet would be considered a conspiracy to violate F.C.C. regulations. BUT then again I'm not a lawyer I just watch one on T.V.

Yes, such devices are illegal in the US. But Juzo lives in Ukraine. Our forum has over 150, 000 members all over the world. I hope someone, somewhere can help Juno with his project.

I think most of us in the Free World hopes Juno succeeds!

Good evening or day, I have been inspired by the idea of creating software for remote hacking of drones and taking control over them. I'm from Ukraine and I would like to help my country and put an end to these terrible events and the deaths of innocent people. Can you provide any ideas on where to start or any software concepts or developments? I would be grateful for any information. I hope you understand me. If anyone has documentation, parts of keys, or even permissions, or perhaps the drones themselves, any information would be valuable! Thank you!
Whilst the objective is understandable just think what would happen if you succeed and the ability gets into the hands of some 'brassed off' teenager etc..
Besides I would bet the military are already working on this, if you are good enough why not offer your services to your military?

Reactions: jmaganaski
I'm very sorry that I don't have the knowledge or expertise to help you hack the encrypted signal between a drone and controller, and don't know anyone who could.

I could however tell you what I think should have happened to Poot'n long ago, but I would be banned from this forum forever - and possibly even hunted down like a rabid dog.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Whilst the objective is understandable just think what would happen if you succeed and the ability gets into the hands of some 'brassed off' teenager etc..
Besides I would bet the military are already working on this, if you are good enough why not offer your services to your military?
You are absolutely right, but I'm just starting out, so... maybe based on my character or worldview... it feels uncomfortable for me to just come empty-handed and with a small amount of knowledge. It doesn't seem rational to me. I want to do something, even if it's just a makeshift solution, so that I won't be easily discarded. As sad as it may be, I think you understand how things are in the world... Therefore, first, I need to achieve success.

Of Course FREEDOM FOR UKRAINE I am all for his effort and if I had the Knowledge I would be the first to give it to him.
Thank you, hope all people will gain peace and we finally start learn whole space (this my dream, always like every things which we cant imagine in our mind)

I'm very sorry that I don't have the knowledge or expertise to help you hack the encrypted signal between a drone and controller, and don't know anyone who could.

I could however tell you what I think should have happened to Poot'n long ago, but I would be banned from this forum forever - and possibly even hunted down like a rabid dog.
Xddd it's ok)To be honest (I'm writing this now for everyone who reads this response), I decided to download the "T.O.R." browser for this purpose because I thought it would provide me with specific, let's say, illegal websites where I could obtain/analyze/learn/meet people who possess such knowledge, and so on, to get hints and more. But judging from your answers, it seems I stumbled upon a legitimate forum, am I correct? If I'm mistaken, please correct me, because prior to this, I was a law-abiding guy who never thought of engaging in such activities. And if you happen to know, could you please suggest which forums or websites on the dark web I should use? (If it violates any rules, please refrain from doing so, I don't want to put anyone in a compromising position). Thank you!

And if you happen to know, could you please suggest which forums or websites on the dark web I should use?
What you're seeking likely doesn't exist. Furthermore, if you're not a skilled software developer, it's very unlikely that you're going to be the first one to develop such a hack (if even possible).

I guess this is kind of an obvious question, but wouldn't the military have far easier ways to get rid of enemy drones?

I think taking down or physical interception of consumer drones will be easier than hijacking signals. Perhaps work on someway to do this?

But judging from your answers, it seems I stumbled upon a legitimate forum, am I correct?
Yes sir, correct. Maybe you could develop a mini version of the Patriot missile. I'm sorry, not trying to make light of the war crimes and disaster raining down upon Ukraine. I truly wish there was something someone or some country could do!

I think taking down or physical interception of consumer drones will be easier than hijacking signals. Perhaps work on someway to do this?
You are right, there are methods to neutralize drones using electromagnetic or radio wave devices. The problem with them is that they jam all electronics in a certain direction and radius, both friendly and enemy. I don't think it's highly effective, and it's likely that the drone's circuit board will burn out. And even if it doesn't, how can we accurately determine where the enemy drone will fall? What's stopping it from simply taking off again after the jamming device is turned off... hmm.

Yes sir, correct. Maybe you could develop a mini version of the Patriot missile. I'm sorry, not trying to make light of the war crimes and disaster raining down upon Ukraine. I truly wish there was something someone or some country could do!
I'm not engineer or smth like this :/

This is not just a software project. It will require a hardware design for a radio transmitter that can effectively spoof the bidirectional encoded communications between the existing drones and controllers. DJI has 3 or 4 different implenentations, and each other drone type has as well.

Unless you have some pretty good software skills already, you will have difficulty writing code that will break the existing drone encoding schemes. Finding a hacker with these skills who will take on the job would be the best way to go at this.

Reactions: juzo and Hauptmann
I am very hopeful for the success of the Ukrainian people to defeat Putin’s war effort. They deserve to live in peace, and doubtlessly their victory will lead to the demise of this Russian dictator and to the Russian nation joining the fold of democracy.

However, much as we want to help, do we really know anything about the legitimacy of this request? With all due respect to “Juzo,” what are your bona fides?

The fact that so far no one has been able to offer a viable suggestion has been the only thing that has avoided helping someone do something very harmful to the drone industry or, maybe, the Ukrainian war effort. We don’t know if this is some prankster or even a Russian operative trying to pick the brains of this quorum.

Without verification “Juzo” should be advised to contact his own government or our own military/intelligence community for help. Either one has the technology to better check the authenticity of this request and know how, if it exists, to meet his needs.

Both are equally enthusiastic about Ukraine’s success.

or our own military/intelligence community for help.
If any US entity, it would be the NSA.

But they're just a little bit secretive about...
What they do
What they know
Their actual existence even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members