DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soft side of image

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Looking at video from yesterday's flights, the left side is soft compared to a very crisp right side. Is this an artifact of a bad focus drive that doesn't sit cylindrical? Temperature effect (was -8°C .. -6°C)?

Ah crap - what sort of turnaround times are people seeing?
Hi! Where you able to fix the problem? I have the same issue. If I focus in the center, right bottom corner goes out of focus and vice versa. The issue goes away for a short time after I "reset camera settings", but then comes back again after few hours!

As the weather has warmed up this has been less apparent. So I suspect the optics barrel is out of round slightly and drags on one side due to thermal expansion/contraction when cold. In some recent (above 0°C) flights I haven't noticed it at all. I'll be looking at this more critically as spring rolls in...

Nope wasn't temperature. Send it back early March. Sched to be here late next week.

Last edited:
Stumbled across this the other day. This guy indicates when sharpness is set to 0 or less, the Mavic tries to do in camera noise reduction - and does not have the processing power to do it well. He says to set sharpness to +1 and the in-camera noise reduction is no longer a factor (better to reduce noise in post than lose the detail to start with). Seems worth a shot.

Reactions: JanWillemD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan