DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software suggestions

13lade12unner

Reactions
Hey everyone ... I'm new to editing video so looking for an awesome program that is fairly easy to use ... any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well, you may want to look back at all the previous discussions on this topic to see all the different programs people are using.

The BEST advice I can give is get one you can afford (the free ones wont be awesome) and STICK WITH IT. None will be "easy" when you start out. But picking one, working in it, watching the tutorials, will make it "easier". Even the best editors out there will take 4 to 10 times the amount of time to edit than they did to shoot.

Reactions: astroboy
until you know what you want I think DaVici Resolve wins the suggestions hands down Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

there is a ton of youtube videos on how to use it - if you look at the pro version there are only limited differences majority are in the area of 3d, hdr processing and I think a various presets ... you dont really need any of those really but for what they give you for free its more than awesome if you ask me ...

Last edited:
I am using Final Cut Pro X. I can create proxy media to edit UHD 4K footage on a MacBook, then revert to the original media when exporting. I am cutting drone footage with DSLR and time lapse, so applications such as FCPX and Premiere Pro make sense.

The key is to pick something and stick with it. These applications are not easy to get deep into, they take time to learn. The more time you stick with one, the better off you will be. Trying to test a bunch out all at once will not really tell you much, as you will barely scrape the surface. Go watch the videos of the software in use, and see which looks to have the features you need most.

Best, easiest, most powerful, are all subjective terms. We each have our own.

Reactions: astroboy
One consideration when choosing an editing application may be what you are doing with the Mavic footage. Are you cutting it with other footage shot on DSLRs or higher end video cameras? Are you adding text, graphics and effects? Are you working professionally, shooting video for clients? Or do you just want to share your drone video to family and friends?

If you have a Mac, it is hard to skip over Final Cut.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR