DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solution to that annoying low battery alarm

FlyingTom

Reactions
Okay so your flying discreetly, because that's why you bought a Mavic not an Inspire or a real helicopter. Then the low battery warning goes off *beep* *beep* *beep*. Your cover has been blown and everyone wants to watch you land your shiny new Mavic. Some of those people are already on the phone to the cops (who knows why??!). Well, I hate this situation and here's my solution.

When the alarm goes off, I adjust my battery warning percentage to say 5% and immediately return home and land. Once landed reset your warning back to 30%.

Clearly you need the brains to put your warning back afterwards. But hey, if you make a mistake. At least you'll learn the hard way. Which is often the most effective way to learn!

I'm sure everyone know's this trick, but hopefully this helps the odd person who doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: mvic
Yeah right guys, that would make too much sense... you need to think like DJI developers.

"How about we make the buzzer louder AND run longer. How about for 10 minutes after it lands....?"

Last edited:
Ive mentioned elsewhere but i'd like a 2 tier alarm system such as you get on life and system critical devices.
A "warning" level which will alarm but can be silenced for a set period of time before coming back (a "snooze") and a "critical warning" level which cannot be silenced until its addressed.

For me on a mavic i'd have low battery and RTH as a warning level alarm you can snooze. A critical battery or battery based RTH i'd have as non killable constant.

I agree 100% with a snooze button sort of acknowledgement.
Having the beeper going off constantly is like the music that enhances the drama in a thriller movie.
I don't *need* an enhanced sense of drama when a $1000 machine is telling me it's on life support and a kilometer away ;)

Yeah cool, but can't say I want to put a screw through my controller. But hey, each to their own.
I'll take functionality over aesthetics any day.
What would people think if they saw a screw in your remote? Monocles would drop and pearls would be clutched.:eek:
But you're right: TETO.

Yeah right guys, that would make too much sense... you need to think like DJI developers.

"How about we make the buzzer louder AND run longer. How about for 10 minutes after it lands....?"
I think it needs a loud obnoxious voice, maybe someone Italian ( as I am Italian/Irish ....so I know we can be loud and obnoxious .lol) and they say something like hey dumbass..... your battery is about to die. Every 2 seconds... this way everyone within a half mile can hear ya.lol .... I like the idea of switching the level down, I don't like the idea that I have to remember to bring it back up. So for now..
.. I'm dealing with it the way it is. Cause God knows I can't afford a accident..........again..lol

When the alarm goes off, I adjust my battery warning percentage to say 5% and immediately return home and land. Once landed reset your warning back to 30%.

Clearly you need the brains to put your warning back afterwards.

Or .. wouldn't it be nice if it automatically set back to 30% when the battery was changed?

Reactions: DCatalo
Warnings are great but a simple acknowledgement should suffice and then a remainder as it reaches the "return home" level. But here again to have a constant "Danger Will Robinson Danger" for 5 minutes of flight time is ridiculous. It is almost like they want to force us to reduce the warning level! When I an 10 ft in the back yard you really think I need a constant annoyance?

Reactions: Amarand and DCatalo
The Taranis radio, which is popular with RC flyers, lets you upload voice, sounds or music that can be configured to play when certain conditions exist, such as a preset battery voltage. Seems like the controller or app could be set up similarly since memory is cheap. I would love to have a sexy female voice tell me "Your battery is at 30%, better come home"!! ;)

Reactions: DCatalo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom