DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon the lawsuits will cometh

jw200953

Reactions
So i am no means a master jedi when it comes to drones but i can tell you i do get great enjoyment flying. I also get a hoot out of the knowledge shared on this site. I slowly see a craze coming with drones being more reachable and user friendly to the average joe and as with anything i see a pattern being painted where unfortunately it will be someone else’s fault for drone mishaps and misfortunes. Tide pod challenge and stories like the one attached make it pretty clear of whats coming in the near future stay frosty my friends and fly responsible. Anyone else seeing it coming?

Check out this article from USA TO...y already go missing https://usat.ly/2DeGewj

Reactions: Mark Brimblecombe
I’ve seen some crazy law suits so this one wouldn’t shock me. But with the millions of drones sold, I’d bet the number of fly offs is pretty small. The number of fly offs that aren’t the fault of the user is probably somewhere near Blutowski’s GPA, 0.0

First flight... In the dark... What could go wrong?!

What kind of surprises me that the lawyer who "specializes" in drone law is giving out bad information. Guess I know who not to contact if I need a lawyer for anything drone-related.

Reactions: Sevier456
It only takes one clown to ruin the circus. A delicate balance of knowing the laws and respecting privacy i suppose. I have had zero problems in regards to my MP but have yet to be out as much as some folks so i have some catching up to do.

this industry is in a bubble - one day that bubble will pop. tons of those christmas drones will be flown half a dozen times then sold on ebay. lots will crash & end up in the trash.

HOWEVER - it's not just the clowns breaking the rules - it's nutty politicians proposing more & tighter regulation - superseding the FAA with state & local laws that we have to worry about. patchwork quilt air space is no bueno.

Reactions: jw200953
this industry is in a bubble - one day that bubble will pop. tons of those christmas drones will be flown half a dozen times then sold on ebay. lots will crash & end up in the trash.

HOWEVER - it's not just the clowns breaking the rules - it's nutty politicians proposing more & tighter regulation - superseding the FAA with state & local laws that we have to worry about. patchwork quilt air space is no bueno.

Well said

Clearly not forum savvy
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

R.I.P. Christmas drones; many already go missing

R.I.P. Christmas drones; many already go missing

A fantastic quote from the article.
"I tried to run after it, but you can’t run after a drone … it’s like running after an airplane," he said. " ... It’s like putting a bunch of propellers on your wallet and watching it fly away."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard