DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

South Australia - “Why would you want to go there?”

Um not to sure there Phil...Victoria is very pretty with very diverse regions...IMO if SA didnt have the wineries if would be a ghost town....Unbiased opinion from NSW;)

I lived in NSW until about 25 yrs ago.
I prefer the quiet life of SA.
Not into restaurants, opera etc.
The little place I live only has 87 houses and is on the beach.
Just right for a hermit like me.

At least your Premier is lowering the borders. Ours will not even tell us on what basis he will make a decision. All about politics, and nothing about health.

I always thought SA was just a place youe passed through to get somewhere interesting. o_O

Reactions: Si_Co and Hauptmann
Victorian Premier, Dan Andrews, recently commented on South Australia, “Why would you want to go there?”
Here’s part of the reason why. Click on the link to view:

I would like to make a comment about the film rather than the place. Contrary to my usual critiques of films and clips being too long, I found this not quite long enough. To be more specific, each clip was not long enough for me to actually see the image in its entirety. I actually looked at the time progress bar and each clip was actually about 1-2 second in duration. Then, there were a lot of repetitive scenes (all 1-2 seconds). So rather than repeat the scenes, why not just add an additional second to each clip (3 seconds total).

Of course the sights were lovely. I certainly would have liked to see that koala bear a few more seconds, as well as some of the other scenes, but the repeated climbing of the rocky hill, backing away from the river, etc. were just not long enough.

And yes, I would certainly want to go there.

Victorian Premier, Dan Andrews, recently commented on South Australia, “Why would you want to go there?”
Great video you’re only made me look at a pile of rocks for a few seconds.
Two minutes reasonable short shot sequence is perfect.
But I’m still not going. :)

Reactions: Hauptmann and Si_Co
Thanks I liked the video and agree with Dale each clip could be slighly longer. I live in Victoria and I'm holidaying in NSW at the moment. I have no words for Dan.
The fact that you said they should be slightly longer tells me they were just the right length.
The idea is to make you want more.
A very professional project as it stands

Reactions: Hauptmann and Si_Co
Dale D, thanks for the comments. The video was actually a compilation of every single one of my videos of my local area and places I’ve visited with my drones. Each clip is 2 exactly seconds long, purposely.
An image on the screen for 2 seconds is ok. But a video for 2 seconds is not quite long enough to scan the image, at least for me. I try to keep videos 3-6 seconds, or longer if the video tells a story. Some of my videos can be seen here. www.vimeo.com/user14373767

Reactions: Si_Co and Hauptmann
I agree with Dale, 3 to 6 seconds is adequate with no repeat of scenes already done.
Thanks for the affirmation. A comment criticizing "Forget about wise Dan who knows very little," is not helpful. I looked back and actually could not find a "wise Dan" writer to this thread. Maybe he meant me? If so, that's ok. I have thick skin. I am sticking to me comments.

Reactions: Si_Co
Fantastic images. I also would have liked the clips to be a little longer but you certainly showcased SA.
Looking forward to getting back. Have a road trip planned for Eyre Peninsular and Flinders Ranges for late August / September as well south west WA if the borders are open. Not looking good after today's news.

Reactions: Si_Co
Thanks for the affirmation. A comment criticizing "Forget about wise Dan who knows very little," is not helpful. I looked back and actually could not find a "wise Dan" writer to this thread. Maybe he meant me? If so, that's ok. I have thick skin. I am sticking to me comments.
The wise Dan comment almost certainly was not aimed at you. It is a crack at Dan Andrews- the Premier of Victoria (another State in Australia).

Reactions: Si_Co and Phill
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1