DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

South Australia - “Why would you want to go there?”

Victorian Premier, Dan Andrews, recently commented on South Australia, “Why would you want to go there?”
Here’s part of the reason why. Click on the link to view:
All I can say is this;

Illegitimi non carborundum

The wise Dan comment almost certainly was not aimed at you. It is a crack at Dan Andrews- the Premier of Victoria (another State in Australia).
Whew! I am happy for that.I don't want to be known as a "know-it-all." Trying very hard to be helpful and to get help in this great forum.

The wise Dan comment almost certainly was not aimed at you. It is a crack at Dan Andrews- the Premier of Victoria (another State in Australia).
I think your right bout Dan.....back to lock down....suffer in ya jocks ?

The facetiousness continues.
Thank you. Although I didn’t really mean it completely facetiously.
I like to stand up for the artists decision knowing something of art history all too often genius is overlooked until much later.

Thank you. Although I didn’t really mean it completely facetiously.
I like to stand up for the artists decision knowing something of art history all too often genius is overlooked until much later.

Yes, it is nice to stand up for art. We cannot know what the creator or artist had in mind. However, in this case, the clips went by so fast I couldn't appreciate the art. I just asked for it to be stretched out a teeny bit (like from 2 seconds to 3 seconds) so I could adsorb the "art".

Last edited:
Yes, it is nice too stand up for art. We cannot know what the creator or artist had in mind. However, in this case, the clips went by so fast I couldn't appreciate the art. I just asked for it to be stretched out a teeny bit (like from 2 seconds to 3 seconds) so I could adsorb the "art".
I don’t know for someone who’s unhappy because people don’t watch all of a video maybe you should try it.

Certainly not saying I know better one way or the other but maybe That could work

Since you actually gather data on this aspect it might be interesting to see what happens.

Perhaps it’s more interesting when you seem to not absorb it. Maybe at least you with a sense of mystery or wishing you knew more that is desirable
I wouldn’t totally discount it without at least trying it.

I don’t know for someone who’s unhappy because people don’t watch all of a video maybe you should try it.

Certainly not saying I know better one way or the other but maybe That could work

Since you actually gather data on this aspect it might be interesting to see what happens.

Perhaps it’s more interesting when you seem to not absorb it. Maybe at least you with a sense of mystery or wishing you knew more that is desirable
I wouldn’t totally discount it without at least trying it.

Ok- I'll bite on your post. We live in a fast paced world. Nobody wants to sit through a 3 hour movie no matter how good it it. Also, nobody wants to see a film moving so fast, that it is speeding by so fast you cannot even see the images. It's like the fast editing of present day TV commercials where images fly by at less than a second a piece. There is a balance to be reached. In my preference, I think that balance is what makes the film move you, tells a story, shows beautiful and unrepetative scenery, and is free of technical flaws (bad editing, yaws, jerky movements, etc.). The film needs to have a pleasing sound track, and good editing from scene to scene, clip to clip. So I watch each and every one of them coming through this forum daily and I grade them in my mind through my prism. I try to offer a comment or critique that I think will help the creator with the next project, or improve the present one if still in his computer. This forum has a population of novices and experts in both flying and various aspects of photography (processing, editing, etc). I want to help the novices and I want experts to help me.

My suggestions are meant to be helpful, instructive, and certainly not malicious. My simple comment on this film under discussion is that went too fast to absorb.

Reactions: Phill
Ok- I'll bite on your post. We live in a fast paced world. Nobody wants to sit through a 3 hour movie no matter how good it it. Also, nobody wants to see a film moving so fast, that it is speeding by so fast you cannot even see the images. It's like the fast editing of present day TV commercials where images fly by at less than a second a piece. There is a balance to be reached. In my preference, I think that balance is what makes the film move you, tells a story, shows beautiful and unrepetative scenery, and is free of technical flaws (bad editing, yaws, jerky movements, etc.). The film needs to have a pleasing sound track, and good editing from scene to scene, clip to clip. So I watch each and every one of them coming through this forum daily and I grade them in my mind through my prism. I try to offer a comment or critique that I think will help the creator with the next project, or improve the present one if still in his computer. This forum has a population of novices and experts in both flying and various aspects of photography (processing, editing, etc). I want to help the novices and I want experts to help me.

My suggestions are meant to be helpful, instructive, and certainly not malicious. My simple comment on this film under discussion is that went too fast to absorb.
I never thought that they were that and I hope you didn’t think that mine was that either.
I’m just suggesting you break out and try something different.
You might be really surprised.

Reactions: Si_Co
I never thought that they were that and I hope you didn’t think that mine was that either.
I’m just suggesting you break out and try something different.
You might be really surprised.

So Port Saint Lucie- it is my bedtime as it is yours.Nite nite. Dale- Miami

Reactions: Si_Co
Victorian Premier, Dan Andrews, recently commented on South Australia, “Why would you want to go there?”
Here’s part of the reason why. Click on the link to view:
OMG, I went there when I was a kid and still remember the rocking horse!!!

Do you have any pics of Adelaide?
I was there about 45 yrs ago and a truck driver told me recently that nothing has changed since then.
When I was there it was like a nice quiet country town but bigger.
Hmmm, we're talking 35 years ago myself. Would be on film if any. Did go back 10 years ago but just to the relative's house. Mostly Adelaide Hills. Love the place.

Reactions: Phill and Si_Co
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer