DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark DJI Go restrictions; maybe similar to Mavic

Former Member

Reactions
Just a heads up for new Spark buyers. By the time the new Sparks start to ship, I am pretty sure they will be incorporating the new DJI Go software restrictions in their firmware. That means that what DJI is doing with DJI Go and the Mavic most certainly be carried over to the Spark, with no choice as to whether you want it or not. If you buy a Spark, you will be forced to comply with their new policy upon activation.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Robbyg and Blades
Considering where I live and sometimes travel - as well as the thought that this will live in my car for those "Oh crap - I wish I had my Mavic" -- No.

Reactions: Former Member
Just a heads up for new Spark buyers. By the time the new Sparks start to ship, I am pretty sure they will be incorporating the new DJI Go software restrictions in their firmware. That means that what DJI is doing with DJI Go and the Mavic most certainly be carried over to the Spark, with no choice as to whether you want it or not. If you buy a Spark, you will be forced to comply with their new policy upon activation.

Any thoughts?

I agree, it will have the same limitations but for the market it is targeting I think 70% of them will not be flying very high or very far. It will still suck if you go into your backyard and the darn drone will not take off due to an NFZ.

Rob

I agree, it will have the same limitations but for the market it is targeting I think 70% of them will not be flying very high or very far.

I think so too. The first Sparks to sell out were the flyless, meaning people will be using their devices to fly it, and not venturing out of LOS with a controller. Those same people will most likely be the ones oblivious to NFZ or other restricted airspace.

I have yet to experience a real issue with DJI's Geofencing. That would not be a limiting factor for me.

That's exactly why I'm in this thread, to see what the NFZ restrictions mean for basic operation. I've got a Fly More combo on order and this will be my 1st DJI quad.

I'm starting to freak out because I live within a 15 mile radius of the White House ... Am I screwed for flying it in my backyard? Are there any options for me or should I just cancel my order now?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe