DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark Gesture Control (general launch and selfie snapshots)

FieldGuide

Reactions
Flying with the spark this week, I've noticed a couple of items and was wondering if others were experiencing the same thing.

1: Palm launch - spark takes off and drifts about 2-3ft to the left (my left for me anyways). I then have to step aside and use my palm to reposition it as needed.

2: face recognition - should the lights be solid green upon the palm launch? Mostly for me, it's showing as red. I raise my palm to reposition, the lights are green when controlling. But when I put my palm down, turns red again despite it facing me. Should I raise arms in a Y to have it register me?

Other note. One time, it was tracking me and I stopped moving and it just froze above me. I guess it flew fast to track me and then had to do a hard stop. I couldn't get it to safely get it back so I had to take out my phone to manually bring it back. Anyone have any similar experiences?

3: selfie mode - I do the gesture, it flashes red, then green apparently indicating I took a photo, by there is no photo anywhere... only times I have been able to take a photo has been with the iPhone app running.

Anyone with any thoughts on these items? Sorry for the long post on personal experiences.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky