DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sport mode no go

That's good to know, that the drone can be at such a radical angle and still recover...
Yes, it works very well as an emergency stop. I understand it puts a lot of stress on the gimbal motors (and arms, props, motors) so should be used sparingly.

Yes, it works very well as an emergency stop. I understand it puts a lot of stress on the gimbal motors (and arms, props, motors) so should be used sparingly.

Yea agreed but the Mavic Pro is pretty tough. The gimbal is much less venerable when it’s powered on. I think a big part of the process of learning to fly is to begin to push the limits of the aircraft. I wouldn’t use it as your primary method of stopping the aircraft but it does give you a good sense of what the aircraft can handle.

Seeing it do a tail stand in mid air from 50 mph and recovering like it’s nbd goes a long way to making you less nervous when high winds come in and it’s bobbing around like a drunken sailor.

I’m not saying to do it all the time.

What horror stories lol.. it flys and performs fantasic in Sport mode you just have to watch where your going?

What horror stories lol.. it flys and performs fantasic in Sport mode you just have to watch where your going?
And keep in mind wider turning radius' and greater stopping distance at full speed.

The first time I switched it to use multiple modes the drone started flying away at around 75 feet. I was able to recover, but it was somewhat unnerving. I really don’t know if that had anything to do with it, although I’m a bit hesitant to use it now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman