DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

stability problem

R_Mark1

Reactions
My mavic is only 2 weeks old and in the last 3 flights it has looked much less stable, it moves around and changes altitude by small amounts, it is certainly not as solid in the air as i looked when I bought it. I have never crashed it and take good care of my drone. Is something wrong?

I thought the same thing after only a couple of weeks so i recalibrated the imu and it is rock solid again.

I've come across a lot of people who agree with the manual which states that you should only do an IMU calibration when the Mavic tells you to. But it's never prompted me, even straight out of the box. Only a compass calibration...

I've come across a lot of people who agree with the manual which states that you should only do an IMU calibration when the Mavic tells you to. But it's never prompted me, even straight out of the box. Only a compass calibration...
interesting, but my mavic has been unstable in the air, and these other users simillar problems seemed to have been fixed by the imu being calibrated

How do you start the motors without the CSC?

How do you start the motors without the CSC?
I guess you're referring to the note at the end of the above video? If so, it's warning you not to start the motors while the Mavic is folded up. I'm not sure why they threw in that random tip.

Reactions: sonof40
Hi folks
I do have a stability problem on my Mavic since this afternoon
I did the preflight check everything is OK
I start the engine everything OK
I fry of then happen the next it is unstable it turn with 20cm around the starting point and vibrate a lot.
I land it and restart everything and did the same again by fly off the same happened unstable and vibrate?
After putting my ear on the main cooler under the belly of the drone I feel it very hot and the ventilation start to turn on very fast.
Seams to be a overheating
But I hear also a click onbord?
Could it be possible that one of the engine contrôler be damaged?
If yes how could that be then 2 days ago it was flying very fine without problems
I fly till it get to 15 %batteries and made the return home itself without problems too.

Could someone tell me if he got the same problem and if yes does it exist a solution.

Oh I forget to tell I made also the rest of the Imu does not help :(
Also my last fly 2 days ago was in tripod mode and the batteries went down very past and get a 7 min recording of video.

Kind regards

Info I repay the problem in help

Last edited:
I did compass Indian dance to recalibrate it too but no result :)

Hi folks

I solve the problem with my stability of my Mavic

I got finally time to make the test with downgrading and using Dji GO
It come up stable there is a bit wind today but it stabilise correctly and it doesn’t turn around the starting point any-more.
The noise i mention is effectively the sonar pulsar. (I tested with a vampire ;) ..)
The heat it produce on the main board is less important and the fan need more time to turn on.

So now my question will it be good to get back on the upgrade the firmware again or to fly still with the old version and also using Dji GO 4?

Kind regards

Reactions: Anthonyk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic