DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Start motors without lift off?

darklordtom

Reactions
Hi guys, bit of a newbie question but I can't find the answer anywhere. How do I turn the motors on and then lift the Mavic off the ground rather than lift it off using the app (click and slide)?

Thanks in advance! :)

Pull both joy sticks back and in or back and out, until motors start.
Then push forward on left stick and it will hover.
But suggest you re read the full online manual as it explains and shows you what you should be doing.

Reactions: Drone Master
A simple answer is all he wanted.
Both sticks down and in to start motors.
Up lightly on left stick to lift off.
Do read the manual though.

Nice, thanks. So if I wanted to launch it from my hand or land it to my hand, this would be what I'd use? Or would you use something else to launch/land from hand?

I find just using the TakeOff feature (where you slide the yellow-thingy to the right to launch) is easier to use for a hand launch rather than try to manipulate both sticks to the correct position while holding the mavic up and away from you. It's easier to do this with one hand.

Since you don't have 2 hands available to pinch the sticks when holding the aircraft the automated takeoff is actually easier...

Reactions: darklordtom
Nice, thanks. So if I wanted to launch it from my hand or land it to my hand, this would be what I'd use? Or would you use something else to launch/land from hand?

Launching and landing the Mavic by hand is a _highly_ advanced move. If you do not have a _lot_ of experience flying I would _highly_ recommend against it.

Page 9 of 12. You should not only know the quick start manual forward and backwards but also have read the online manual several times.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170117/Mavic+Pro+Quick+Start+Guide+V1.2.pdf

The sarcasm here is unbelievable!

While I agree the manual should be read before you fly.... but do we really know he/she didn't? Just because they didn't know that the stick maneuver can ALSO be used to start the drone....doesn't mean they didn't read that part in the manual. For example, it was probably the second pass for me that I realized the stick maneuver to "kill" your drone can also be used to start your drone. I'm sure, like me, the thought of your drone falling from the sky over shadowed the "starting your drone" part.

All I'm saying is this is a site filled with newbie drone enthusiasts and are just looking for advice.

The sarcasm here is unbelievable!

While I agree the manual should be read before you fly.... but do we really know he/she didn't? Just because they didn't know that the stick maneuver can ALSO be used to start the drone....doesn't mean they didn't read that part in the manual. For example, it was probably the second pass for me that I realized the stick maneuver to "kill" your drone can also be used to start your drone. I'm sure, like me, the thought of your drone falling from the sky over shadowed the "starting your drone" part.

All I'm saying is this is a site filled with newbie drone enthusiasts and are just looking for advice.

There is no sarcasm in my post and no criticism. It's correct and is simply right to the point. I took the time to bring the manual up myself and provided a link so that the OP only needed to click, rather then search for the manual.

I did not recommend that the OP only read the manual, I recommended that he/she "know" the manual.I never commented further on this as it's not important. The important thing is that anyone who flies a Mavic should know the quick start instructions backward and forward and have at least read the full online manual several times before flying at all. Trust me... if you know the information in the manual you will be _far_ less likely to crash or loose the Maivic or worse.

You state that you had to read the manual twice before picking up on how to start/stop the motors. This is _very_ important to know.,,, and you also needed to read the manual several times to pick up on that. My point exactly and kudos if you read it several times _before_ your first flight. My point exactly. I've flown the P2V+, P3, P4 and Mavic. I think I've read the online manual 4 or 5 times and I _still_ need to read it again.

Reactions: marg2
There is no sarcasm in my post and no criticism. It's correct and is simply right to the point. I took the time to bring the manual up myself and provided a link so that the OP only needed to click, rather then search for the manual.

I did not recommend that the OP only read the manual, I recommended that he/she "know" the manual.I never commented further on this as it's not important. The important thing is that anyone who flies a Mavic should know the quick start instructions backward and forward and have at least read the full online manual several times before flying at all. Trust me... if you know the information in the manual you will be _far_ less likely to crash or loose the Maivic or worse.

You state that you had to read the manual twice before picking up on how to start/stop the motors. This is _very_ important to know.,,, and you also needed to read the manual several times to pick up on that. My point exactly and kudos if you read it several times _before_ your first flight. My point exactly. I've flown the P2V+, P3, P4 and Mavic. I think I've read the online manual 4 or 5 times and I _still_ need to read it again.

I read it as such....but never the less, your clarification was spot on!

The next post below you included "RTFM", which we all know stands for "Read The ******* Manual". I probably should have replied to his post over yours.

I wish everyone here could treat each other like friends. Because we all have a common interest. That was my only point.

Ummm, Not trying to be rude here but seeing that youre a newbie and youve obviously never flown a quad of any kind, start by reading the manual.... Weirdly its all in there

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78