DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Start-up/connection sequence?

armoredsaint

Reactions
I was curious what do you turn on first?

For example, your iPhone DJI GO app, then plug it into the controller, turn on controller and then the mavic?

Reactions: ryanslater
I plug my Galaxy Note 4 into the controller, power on the controller, and as Litchi opens, I power on the Mavic.

• Power on mobile device
  • Power on remote controller
  • Power on Mavic
  • Wait ~30 seconds
  • Connect cable between remote controller and mobile device
  • Start DJI GO

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
I found this sequence works most consistently for me.

Reactions: SkyHighView
I do as I have always done with RC over the years . Power on Controller first , Mavic next and then after the two connect I plug the mobile device in .
I always shutdown via Turn Mavic off , turn controller off then disconnect mobile device .

Turning the RC on first gives me a sense that if something gets screwy at least the Remote is already powered up and I can take control. I know that there is no way that when I power on the Mavic that it is automatically going to power on motors and gain altitude and fly back to the Motherland (China) but it still nice to know that the RC is already on.

Reactions: c hardy
Turning the RC on first gives me a sense that if something gets screwy at least the Remote is already powered up and I can take control. I know that there is no way that when I power on the Mavic that it is automatically going to power on motors and gain altitude and fly back to the Motherland (China) but it still nice to know that the RC is already on.

Yep just a holdover from the past RC days . You never knew what might happen if you fired up a plane or heli first ,lol

Reactions: c hardy
On the start guide with my Mavic it says.
Turn on controller > turn on mavic > open app.
That easy sequence is just routine for me now. Dont know if its any better or worse than other methods. Always works though, never had a hiccup.

slightly different but has always worked
app, controller, mavic

I did controller, app, mavic but was hit and miss so I do the above method with 100% success

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zloalex